Labels

"I still don't understand why you would scare her like that!" I overheard Ralph scold Blake, who was weakly laughing while Dan carried him five feet above the ground. I soberly opened my eyes, and felt a dream slip past me.

I've been dreaming a lot often. What's going on?

"Snow, are you okay? You passed out." Nina said worried. Ignoring her, I looked over at Blake.

"It was a prank! Geez! Lighten up some!" He yelled while being carried.

Was that really all a prank?

"What?" Blake asked sheepishly when Nina gave him a death glare.

"I thought everyone knew that I haven't been killing for a while now." Nina scowled at him.

"Because the girl with amnesia is definitely going to remember that! You stupid idiot!"

No. I convinced myself. Prank or no prank, the coldness in his eyes was real.

I can't let Blake find out I'm human!

Nina began to furiously writing something in the empty diary that was meant for me. I looked over my shoulder at Blake, who was harmlessly scratching his head and playing pathetic, as if he had done nothing wrong.

"Is this... a charade then?"

Is this the real Blake?

~  :D  ~  :)  ~  :|  ~  :(  ~  :|  ~  :)  ~  :D  ~

I looked in front to behind. I had told them that I was off to the restroom, but I had used the opportunity to sneak away from all of their now harsh words.

I have to figure out what this death organization is, and what Vistra meant when she said those words to me. Why did she call me a subject number?

And a tired looking idiot?

Until then, I have to keep my distance from everyone.

Sneaking to the front of the school, to where Blake formally introduced me to my tour guide Charles. I was suddenly reminded of the plush toy that Don had gone through the trouble of finding and bringing back to me.

He had attached Charles to my bag as a keychain to prevent him from falling off again.

"Charles? "

There were some muffled noises before the bear had managed to climb onto my shoulder.

"Yes, master?" I smiled softly at the toy and gently began to stroke his small mohawk of short fur on the top of his head."M-master? " He stuttered.

"All I ever wanted to do was just go home and sleep, you know? To dream, and visit a world only known by me. That's the true beauty of sleep. And for for so long, I've hungered it.

" But instead of achieving the goal of obtaining sleep, do you know what's happened to me? "

"You lost your memory? " He assumed, and I chuckled sadly.

"Is it losing memories if they were never even there to begin with?"

Nina's right. In this world? I am a blank slate.

Charles made a noise of confusion and I didn't bother on elaborating.

"What are you talking about master?" Charles asked confused. I looked at the toy before shaking my head.