September 12, 2011

The feeling of an earbud pressing into my cheek woke me up. Head lifted, I looked at my mattress and saw the iPod, earphones still attached to it. I sighed and lifted myself up, tying my hair into a bun and putting on the earphones.

In a few seconds, I heard Peter's voice again.

So, next on our story in September 12th, same year. The first time you talked to me in school.

I could tell you I was flattered, but really, it was weird. Sorry.

But yeah, it was a Tuesday, I was in my usual table at the cafeteria. My friend Sam was sick, so I was alone. Then, someone banged their tray on the table and I'm not sure if that person did it on purpose, but a few drops of orange juice splashed on me.

Yeah, that was you.

"Sorry!" You exclaimed.

"Uh, it's fine, fine. Why are you here?" I asked.

"Wow, I feel so welcomed," you sat down. "I just wanted to sit here, take a break from them."

"But you're always with them." I reasoned, still confused.

You rolled your eyes. "Which is why I wanted a break."

I didn't reply. Girls confused me.

"Besides, I wanted to talk to you." You said, out of the blue, and making me choke on my tuna sandwich.

I grabbed my water, drank it and tried to stop my coughing fit. "What?"

"C'mon, Peter, really? Do you hate me this much?" You gestured to me.

"I don't hate you," I explained.

"Fine, then you don't want me here." Your eyebrows were raised (and now it isn't a new sight, after seeing it over a thousand times after that moment).

"I didn't say that either." But I wasn't looking at you.

"Sure, not verbally, but your evasiveness show it." You sighed. "Alright, fine, I'll stay out of the way."

Before I could reply and keep myself from looking like a total jerk, the bell rang. The next thing I knew, everyone was getting up and you got swept away by the crowd. I shook my head, damn, I was a jerk.

Nah, not really. Just - yeah you were, Pete.

 After lunch was free period, and I headed towards the library. And guess what?

You were there.

I chuckled, I never realized how cliche we were.

Someone was with you, and I decided I'll apologize when you were alone. But you had other plans, apparently.

"Peter!" Immediately, you were shushed by the librarian. You stuck your tongue out whe she wasn't looking. "Come over here!"

"Miss Williams, please keep quiet," Miss Princeton scolded you.

I don't think I had much of a choice, so I sat down at your table. "Hey."

"So! This is Mary," you gestured to, well, Mary. "Mary, this is Peter."

"Hello," Mary paused, "Peter."

"Ugh, Mary, stop you won't have any chances with him, he basically kicked me out of his table earlier," You said.