Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Long ago, Oaroph Pheuduesuphos, a King, ruled over 7 Kingdoms. These were named Erandrael, Lampiera, Cosmos, Rythdil, Mantoras, Fanaes, and Aeras. When the King had married, he realised that he needed someone to run the Kingdoms for him when he was no longer able to. His wife soon gave birth to a beautiful, lively girl, whose bright emerald eyes glistened when she smiled. They lived happily in a beautiful palace, near to a village, home to many children, who Raewinn longed to play with when she was able to leave the palace by herself. When Raewinn was just 5 years old she was told by her mother never to leave the palace alone. Raewinn was aware of the stories that were made up to keep her from leaving the palace, but she accepted that her parents just wanted to keep her safe. The palace was positioned close to the Forests of Nymera, and was unfortunate that Raewinn once found herself walking among the great trees.

  The Forests were a dangerous place, and whoever had the courage to explore within the mist rarely came back. Those who were lucky enough to be spared by the creatures in the Forest, told of tales that would send a shiver down the villagers spines. However the villagers could not believe the ones who had returned, and thought them crazy. Until they came. Shadows clinging to the walls, creeping into the light, unseen by many. For a shadow is just a shape, and a shadow is just the mark made by a being. And so a wall was built around the villagers to protect them from all the harm that may come to them. They were isolated from the rest of the world, living each day in fear. For a long time, no more people had been attacked, and so they started getting careless. They opened the gates almost every day, and they began to forget about the whole matter.    At the huge gates, that guarded the village, were two young men, In charge of opening and closing the gates. Now, however,  there stands only one. He was taken in the night, when he was on watch. The only thing in his place was a puddle of dark red blood, and a lock of his hair, something like that was seen as a superstitious sign from supernatural forces by the villagers.  The villagers now knew that they were not safe, and had realized they had made a big mistake.