Chapter 1

"So… are you excited for later's event?" Kylie, my make-up artist asked me.

Later this night, we were going to celebrate the first G'Day LA event to honour Australians here in the States. It's going to be like a family gathering for all Australians.

"Like duhh…" I replied in a sassy tone. "I haven't seen Hugh like in ages! I miss him ya know. And Simon and Rebecca!"

"Wow! It's been long since you've seen them." there was a long silence till' she asked me.

"Do you know the name of that Australian country singer? You know the really known dude. People say he's really cute!" she gave me a wink.

"Ugh! Please… I don't want to know. It's really hard to trust again. And no, I don't know who that is."

---------------------

I walk out of the red carpet with cameras flashing at me. I posted for some cameras and then left the carpet. I ignored all the questions they were asking. It's all about my relationship. I was escorted by my securities inside. It was not that big but it was good enough to see all of your friends. I was told to sit at a table right in front of the stage. I wasn't really sure who I was sitting with until I got closer.

"Nicole! How have you been?" Hugh stood up and gave me a hug. If I could choose a brother, it would be him.

"Hugh! I miss you so much! I've been good! How are you?"

"I've been good too!" he replied back. "Here take a seat."

"Thank you! Who else are we sitting with?" I asked looking around the place.

"With me!" someone exclaimed from my back. I turned around and saw Naomi.

"You look great girl! The dresses I choose are always great on you!" she said sticking her tounge out. I rolled my eyes.

We talked for a bit now knowing who else was sitting with us. We were sitting with Simon and Becca as well as Keith Urban. I don't know who that is yet but they said it's the country artist.

"Oh my Nicole! You look amazing!" a person behind me exclaimed. Why are people exclaiming from my back? I turned bacl and saw Rebecca.

"Oh my Bec! You look amazing too!" she was wearing a white and gold sleeveless dress. (A/N: just try to imagine!)

"Wow Nic! I say you look great, you don't give back a compliment to me!" Naomi pouted. Rebecca and I just laughed.

Simon and I greeted eachother and they sat across my seat. There was one more person missing on the table. It was that Keith dude. I wonder if he'll be late. That'll be a bad first impression.

"Hey Nicole… who's sitting beside you?" Simon asked.

"Uhh… Keith…" but before I could complete his I don't know name. Naomi answered for me. I was safe!

"Urban… that annoying dude! I wonder how you guys get along with him. I mean he is cute but how can you get through his sarcasm?" we all laughed at her.

"That's because you say and ask obvious statements or questions!" Hugh spoke up for his friend. She rolled her eyes.

"Where is he anyways?" I asked anxiously.

"He's in the baskstage preparing. He'll be opening the event with one of his hit." Simon explained.

Naomi left us cuz' she said she was welcoming Keith's performance and giving him an award for something. Everyone else was just chit-chattting till' she came back. She looked so worried.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Obviously not. That's why you have to come with me." she dragged me off my table. We were jogging all the way to the backstage until she stopped. We were both out of our breath.

"What is wrong with you?!?"

"You… are… replacing… me… on… welcoming… Keith's… performance." she said taking a breath after every word.

"WHAT?!?" I think I exclaimed it too loud because people were staring at us.

"Sorry! They told me to get someone so I got you. I have to replace Cameron Diaz. She is not able to come because of some personnal reasons." she explained.

"Well I don't think even have a choice!"

"Yay! C'mon let's get you ready." she pulled me to a make-up artist and told me to sit on the directors chair.

"Is there like a script or something?" I asked her.

"Uhh… no…" she said softly. "But I think you can make it up yourself!" she said half smiling.

"Ugh! I hate you right now! Just tell me what you rehearsed." I was freaking out already.

She told me what she rehearsed and I tried it myself. Thank goodness she was supportive. The event was starting in a few minutes and I still don't know who I'm welcoming.

--------------------

A/N: Chapter one is finally posted! That was quite long! Sorry to keep you guys waiting!