invite • [riley]

DATE: TUESDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2012

TO: SAM KING

FROM: RILEY DAVIDSON

To the beautiful Sam King,

Before I begin my letter I will tell you one important thing, I hyphened boy and friend together to make boy-friend as in a friend of the male gender. I was not saying that I am your boyfriend, or even hinting at it. What do you take me for woman? That was a joke; please do not take the woman bit seriously. I'm not sexist, I swear.

That's a point I have never gotten, that fact that if you say someone is your boyfriend/girlfriend then people automatically think that you are dating that person and not just friends with them. Your nickname is also a male name and my name can also be used as a female name, you could just be trying to tell the person you are talking to the persons gender and that they are your friend.

Another point, one you might like, on the front of this, stapled to the paper, is a party invite for Friday, it says plus one and I have no one to go with so you can come with me if you want. Now it seems like I want to be your boyfriend, it's like I'm asking you out on a date and I am not don't you worry. I just want to meet you Sam King, you sound like a cool person.

It is James Quinn's party for his 18th. Hey, I never asked you how old you are. I am 17 currently, turning 18 in a few months.

From your nice friend,

Riley.

[Locker 423a]