Chapter 18

"So that's our story ." I tell Samantha.

"Wow." Samantha says, "That was like the best fairy tale ever. Only better because it is true."

I laugh today is Cam and I’s five year anniversary of that day. We just finished our finals at Pensacola Christian Collage. I wonder is he remembered.

Just then there's a knock at my door.

"Come in." I call out.

Cam sticks his head in.

"Hey you busy?" he asked.

I look at Samantha and she nods her head.

"Yep we just finished." Samantha tells him.

"Good." he says. "Because I have a surprise for Ashlyn.

"What is it?" I ask.

"If I tell you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it."

I give him a my best pout look.

He just laughs. "Meet me at my car in five minutes."

I look at Samantha who just shrugs her shoulders.

Five minutes later we're in his car.

 He has something totally fun planed.  Cam and I set out on my surprise. 

"Where are we going?" I ask again.

"You don't like surprises do you?" he asks.

We drove down to the park that we use to play in as kids. I smile as we pull in a little disappointed. I feel embarrassed because I thought maybe he might take me somewhere nice to ask me to be his wife. I feel foolish but I push that out of my mind.

 I hop on a swing and Cam starts pushing me. I laugh.

"Not that this isn't a great surprise but I was expecting something more that swinging." I say jokingly. 

He stops all the sudden. He comes around and looks at me.

"Ash, we’ve been together for five amazing years. I can’t imagine how my life would be without you in."

He gets down on one knee, and takes a velvet box out of his pocket.

"Ash, you are my Sandy, I love you so much."

"Cam." is the only word I'm able to breath out.

He pulls out his phone and plays the same song from five years ago on my porch. He opens the velvet box to reveal a diamond ring.

"Ashlyn Marie Thomas, will you marry me?"

I was so excited I ran and threw my arms around him. He lost his balance and we tumbled to the ground.

"Is that a yes?" he asks.

"No I tackled you cause I wanna beat you up. Of course I'll marry you." I say laughing.

His slips the sparkler on my finger.

"I love you so much Ashlyn."

"I love you so much more." I tell him.

"Not possible." Cam says as we continue on with our stupid couple talk.

"Are you gonna lie there all day arguing or are you gonna kiss me?" I ask.

He thought for a moment before our lips meet in the best kiss I ever had. His kisses always made my knees weak but this kiss made my whole body weak. I felt like I could sit there all day but eventually I tore away for my fiancée.

I can’t wait to call my dad and Lori (his new wife). They will be overjoyed. But there’s one person imparticular who would love this.

I looked up at the sky, held my left hand up.

"Mom he’s gonna be your son-in-law just as you wanted. How did you know?"

 I ask in wonderment.

The future Mrs. Cameron Smith

That's the end of our tale. keep a look out I am gonna have a new story. "Soaring Love" watch out for it. If you have any questions  I will be happy to do a Q&A. THANKS SO MUTCH FOR READING. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Katelyn