Chapter 11

I came home one day and was greeted by my dad.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked cautiously.

" What I can’t spend the day with my children?" Dad said with a smile.

 "You could but it’s not likely." I said with my arms folded over my chest.

 "Okay, so your boyfriend stopped by my office and told me that I need to spend more time with my children and not make you play the role of both parents." Dad said easily.

It always amazed me how he can be a workaholic yet be so at ease sometimes. Wait did he say Cam talked to Dad!

"Dad Cam is not my boyfriend."

"Well he certainly seems to care about you."

Yeah well dad he’s on a very short list. Ever science mom died I never see you. Your children  never sees you. Don’t you care?" I asked trying not to let the tears that are in my eyes effect my voice.

" Ashlyn, of course I care I’ve been working all the time to show you that I care." He tells me. He tries to give me a hug but I pull away.

"Dad, we all lost mom, and we all found a different way to cope, but throwing yourself into work is not a good way to do it. It’s not what mom would have wanted." I say, a tear escaping.

Dad's mouth turned into a upset frown.

"Don't you bring your mother into this. It has nothing to do with her." His words felt like a slap to the face. I started crying harder.

"It has everything to do with her. Dad, I realize that you miss her, we all do, but your children miss you to. I heard Rachel say that she thinks you died like mom that’s why you’re never around. Well Dad why don’t you just go back to work."

He looks shocked. I smile and stormed out with my head help high. I didn’t. Well, that’s one person down. I pick up my phone and call Cameron.

" Hey Ash, anything happen exciting at home today?" He asked me amusement all over his voice.

"Why?" I snapped at him in an angry voice.

"Why what?" He asked still playing dumb.

"Cameron, I’m not in the mood for games right now." I said the anger building inside of me.

" What did I do wrong?" Cameron ask finally realizing I'm not happy.

"Who gave you the right to storm into my dad’s office and demand he spend time with us?" I scream at him.

" Ash, come on I thought it would make you happy." He said calmly.

"My name is Ashlyn, and my dad has been bad from the very beginning. He was never there for my mom it was all me. He didn’t care, he doesn’t care. All he cares about is his stupid job. And frankly I liked it better when he was at the office because at least his toxic presence wasn’t around my siblings. Now I have to worried about what he says to them. I built him up to them you know making it sound as if he were noble and honorable and a man to admire but all he is, is a workaholic who doesn’t give a crap about his family. Well, I for one think it was better when he was gone." I said. Tears flowing freely again.

" I’m sorry Ash; I was just trying to help." Cameron said pleadingly.

" Well, maybe you should stop." I said.

I hung up the phone. Then I threw it across the room. I slammed down on the bed belly first and sobbed and sobbed into my pillow.