Chapter 20

It seemed like our lips were interlocked with each other for eternity, but since we had to catch our breath, we reluctantly pulled away from each other.

"Woah.." I said dumbly.

He let out a low and deep chuckle and was leaning in once more, but we were interrupted when we someone knocking at Cliff's hotel room door.

Cliff instincts immediately made him stand up from our comfortable position on the bed. He silently walked over and looked through the peephole.

I don't know what he saw but he ran over to me pulled me from the bed, took a robe and opened the window. He stepped out first and held a hand out for me.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him.

"Just trust me."

I was having second thoughts but since he's the only one I have, I have choice but to trust him. I held his open hand and let him pull me out as he stood by the ledge. Just as I stepped out, I heard the sounds of a door breaking from across the room.

I heard muffled shouting, Cliff tapped my shoulder and motioned for me to follow after him. I watched his movements and followed his footsteps. Everytime I had trouble crossing a ledge, he takes my hand and gently pulls me.

The two of us were already a room away from my room when I heard the loud sounds of someone smacking on the wooden door of my room.

A few more seconds later, the debris from the wooden door's parts flew out from window Cliff and I exited at. I was startled by the small explosion and my injured leg slipped of the ledge, I thought that it was my impending doom but Cliff managed to grab ahold of my arm before I fully fall.

The intruders noticed my accident and saw Cliff and I escaping, the intruder who saw us began shooting at the both of us while his friends ran to catch us.

"We have to go!" Cliff shouted.

I looked around me and saw that we had nowhere else to go, the ledge we were standing off was cut off by a pillar and going back would mean death.

"Where!?"

Cliff turned around and faced the building, he hastily motioned me to put my arms around his shoulders.

"Hold on to me." He ordered.

"What? No no! I am doing that! We'll die!" I exclaimed at him when I realized what he wanted me to do.

"If you don't hold on to me now, we'll still die!" What Cliff said made sense, but I was doubting what he wanted me to do.

I shook my head of every negative thoughts and decided to trust Cliff. I firmly held on to his shoulders and latched my legs around his hips. I closed my eyes and let Cliff do what he was planning on doing.

I felt movement from Cliff, he began climbing up the building to avoid the attackers on the floor we were at. I have no idea how Cliff managed to climb up the walls of this hotel but I won't bother questioning him about it.

Just when I thought this madness wouldn't end, Cliff and I reached the roof of the hotel. I unlatched my body from him and we both began running on the top of the roofs.

I saw the attackers on the sidewalk and they began shooting at us. I saw Cliff get shot in the shoulder in front of me but he ignored the bullet wound like someone just flicked him.

My injured leg was feeling the exhaustion of my large movements and it began bleeding once more, the stitches must've gotten unsewn.

The adrenaline in my body is preventing me from stopping, right now, surviving is better than having a lost a limb.

Cliff noticed that I was slowing down and I saw him pat his back, he was telling me to jump on his back and let him carry me. I did so without hesitation.

I noticed that the moment I rode his back, he picked up his speed. Cliff was holding back because of me, he could've left me behind but he slowed down and stayed with me.

There was no more roofs for us to keep running on but Cliff never stopped, he kept on going and ran faster. I let out a small scream when I felt our bodies fall in the air, Cliff jumped off roof and landed on his feet like a cat.

The attackers saw what happened and began their pursuit, this time they rode their car and followed after us. Cliff and I were by the road and we were causing traffic, some cars crashed into each other, some completely stopped to avoid hitting us.

Cliff ran into an alley to lose them but they squeezed their cars just so they wouldn't lose us. Like every cliche movie, we were cornered as we reached a dead end. The attackers exited from their cars with their guns pointed at the two of us.

"Get off my back." Cliff whispered to me.

I obeyed him and jumped down from his back, he was acting feral and predatory. I was breaking out in cold sweats but Cliff seemed indifferent.

He hid me behind his back as he growled and scowled at the men in front if us. A single man approached us and Cliff seemed to recognize him because he started shaking and was huffing.

"It's been a while." The mysterious man greeted. Cliff growled at him as a response.

"Now now. Is that any way to treat an old friend?" The man asked smugly.

"Fuck you!" Cliff growled.

"Language son. You wouldn't want me to lock you back in the cellar right?" He asked Cliff with a frown.

"I'm never going back!"

"Oh yes you are." The man let out a chuckle as he rummaged through his pocket and showed us a picture of Jordan, "Because if don't, you wouldn't want your precious friend Jordan to get hurt now would you?"

I saw Cliff twitch and I saw his eyes widen from the corner of my eye. He looked to be in shock and he was slightly nervous based on his movements.

"Don't you dare fucking touch her!" Cliff took a step forward was spitting out his words. I don't know why but his reaction made me a little bit jealous and sad.

"I'll let her go only if you two come with me." He negotiated.

I can see that Cliff was having conflicted feelings about it. This stranger asked for the two of us in exchange for Jordan, I know that Cliff will willingly come with them but he was thinking about me.

I sighed as I made the decision for him. I saw Cliff slighlty relax when he noticed me. I stepped in front of Cliff and looked at the man straight in the eye.

"Do you promise to let Jordan go if we both come with you?" I asked emphasizing on the two of us.

"Cross my heart." He smirked.