|Chapter 2|

Maya's POV

The interrogation room was colder than I expected it to be, the floor was black  and the walls were of a blinding white, I felt myself numb as the policeman gestured me to sit down and then asked me:

'' you better tell me everything you saw when you got home '' his eyes never leaving mines as to make sure I wad telling the truth

'' I just got home from my holidays in Greece, I got inside the house, and found out she was dead. Why did you took me here? I really did noth- ''

I was stopped by the police man who took me in the room, now slapping a piece of paper on the table.

I opened my eyes wide '' W-what is that?'' 

''you tell me''

''I don't know! I just got from my holidays I-''

''there are your fingerprints on it! so you must have written it!'' 

I took a look at the paper that said

'My daughter will explain.'

''you're the only daughter and the blood on it is yours, so now you better explain yourself''

I kept my mouth in a line, not knowing what to say, as my mind parted and started to remember everything that happened before my departure

''Mum stop drinking! it's not good for you! dad will get mad if he comes back home and finds out''

''I don't care! go on and prepare your luggages, this holiday is all you're thinking about lately isn't it? I don't blame you! go away! I don't care about you!''

'' well, you know what? I won't blame dad if he divorces from you!'' I said, feeling hurt by her words

she stands up from the floor and slaps me hard in the face, and I could tell I was bleeding by the way my face has heaten up and because of the taste in my mouth and I can see my blood on her hand.

before she could say anything I ran up the stairs in my room and finished to prepare my luggage, I start to head to the door when my mother appears, her eyes are red, I can't tell from what.

''Please Maya, stop. I didn't meant to sa-''

''No mum! you stop it! you always blame me for things when the one to blame it's you! I'm sick of it! And I'm sick of you!''

I saif before walking past her, I grab my jacket and get in the car

While driving to the airport I felt my eyes watering, I couldn't believe at what she said, so I just managed to forget everything that happened.

'' I can explain''I breathe out, hoping that they'd believe to me, since there was my dna on that piece of paper.

I hope you like this story, and I expect from you to vote if you do, so I know if I should continue or not. Anyway, she has a difficult past as you might already have noticed, so if there's any advice or something you don't like let me know so I can improve it :)

i love you xx

-Mari