|Chapter 4|

Maya's POV

''okay, come with me Maya''

and I nod following her through the corridors, not exactly sure of what will come next.

''You will share a room with Ruth,don't mind about her behaviour.. she has convulsions sometimes, her parents took her here two years ago and she's getting worse''

I started to get worried about it, what if she chokes me on the sleep ?

she drag me into the room, where two medics were waiting for me to come in to handle me my sheets, and a white long overall.

they get all out locking the door behind them, and my mind starts to fly again, I hate it, but I can't do anything else at the moment. All I could think about was 'I'm not crazy, someone set me up.'

I start to regret even going on holiday, when she clearly needed me..but she was under alcohol and God knows what and I was sick and tired of her being that way, so I wanted to escape. I know she was right but I would've never admitted it.

suddenly I hear the door opening and curl up on the bed because, after what the old woman told me, this girl was dangerous.

''leave me alone!'' she shouted while making her way in the room ''I'm not taking another one of those fucking pills! I'm not crazy! you're making me crazy with these! go away or I'll kill myself!''she said through gritted teeths and as she did so they got out of the room

''oh fine! they took me a little pet friend to make sure I don't kill myself!'' she mumbled to herself

''I'm Maya, nice to meet you'' I said.

''Hi Maya! I'm Ruth. Don't talk to me ever again. And no, we can't be friends.''she snapped

and before I could answer she laid on her bed, and turned her back on me so I started to prepare the bed to keep myself busy

The time seem to never pass by here, it's so boring. luckily it's dinner time already, so I can stay away from her, because she goes away to have dinner on her own, while I prefer staying here by my own. With the plate the doctor brings me a pill like the ones that Ruth didn't want to take. I wonder what happened to her.Why was she there? is she crazy for real? or she's just the wrong person like me?

I decided to try and swallow the pill, and after 20 minutes I felt numb and unable to think, and before I know it I'm asleep.

'' you killed her Maya..'' my dad says 

''I haven't killed her!''

''yes you did, or at least it's what they think'' he said winking at me

the light in the room was low, but I could see him devilishly smiling at me.

''wait, it was you? you killed her! did you-''

''yes Maya, it was me. And now is my chance to finish my work''he said pulling a gun out of his pocket. I never knew he had one.

''you know,'' he said getting closer to me ''I'm glad they actually believed you banged your head on the floor while falling off the stairs, am I a good actor sweetheart?''

''get off of me'' I say as I try to push him away, but he was stronger than me so he pointed the gun to my forehead and without hesitation shot me.

''Aaaaaaahhh!'' I shout with all the air I have in my lungs.

Ruth's POV

I hear her shouting and since I know she had a bad dream because of the pills they gave her, I turn back to sleep, but got woke up again when I hear her sniffling..

''are you okay.. Maya?'' 

''y-yeah.. I just had a nightmare but I'm ok it was just a dream''

''it's these pills' fault, they make you have nightmares..it used to happen to me too, you want me to come to sleep with you?''

''yes please''

I knew well how she felt since I had nightmares for over a year because of these pills, I wonder what happened to her as I lay myself near her, she seems to refuse to even be touched.I don't blame her.. I'm just a crazy room mate to her.

''are you better? try to sleep, it was just a dream..''

''he killed her'' she cried out

''what?'' I ask her confused, but she fell asleep

--

It's 9 in the morning and I find out she's not in the bed anymore, so I assumed she went out for a walk in the back garden. I felt so sorry about being rude to her when all she did was being kind to me, and maybe that's what pushed me to comfort her last night.

As she enters the room a few hours later I can see she's better, but I don't buy it at all, she was too shocked last night to be ok now.

''Sorry about yesterday'' I say

''about what?''

'' I know I wasn't much friendly so I wanted to apologize''

''Thank you Ruth''

''ooh call me Roo''I tell her as I hug her

''well, thank you Roo''

I was still hugging her when the doctors entered the room

''get off of her Ruth!''

''what?!'' she says looking at me confused.

''I can't explain now, they're taking me away''

''where''

''in isolation'' I say, hoping she wouldn't thought bad of me

I'll try to always upload long chapters. I hope you like how the story is turning :)

vote, fan, comment xx

I'll do dedications on the next chapter so tell me if you want the next chapter dedicated to you! 

love you all ! 

- Mari