Chapter 18

Mr. Shue told us that Saturday night, we have a nationals setlist nomination party at his house.

Sam picks me up at my house.

I turn up the radio to one of my favorite songs, Change by Taylor Swift.

"This would be perfect for nationals! The theme is change and not only is the song called change but it's about overcoming obstacles." I exclaim.

"You should tell Mr. Shue that."

"I will. It's a relief that Quinn has been suspended. But do we really need her for nationals?"

"No, she's just another voice swaying in the background. We have 12 people without her." Sam asserts.

"She's just another mediocre voice to harmonize in the background. Jelousy burns her alive. And anybody who would cheat on you is an idiot." I say smiling at him

"And anybody in California who was saying anything bad about you is completely wrong."

"I love you so much."

"I will always love you even more." He smiles.

When we get there, almost everybody is there.

I see, oh no.

QUINN

"What is she doing here?" I whisper to Sam.

I feel like I could cry right now, just because of what Quinn had said to me in the past.

"She won't be here much longer." Sam whispers back and goes to talk to Mr. Shue.

I look away from where she is and sit next to Santana.

"Hey. You see Fabray over there?" She asks.

I nod.

"Her teeth are getting knocked out next time she says a thing about any of us."

I smile and high five Santana.

"Quinn, I think it's best if you leave." Mr. Shue tries to quietly tell her.

"OH BECAUSE SHE CAN'T TAKE THE TRUTH THAT I'M TELLING HER?" She yells as she points to me.

"Quinn, if you leave now, nothing will happen, if you say one more thing you're out of glee and I don't think Sue would like to hear about this and I'll make sure your suspension is extended." Mr. Shue says.

She walks out angrily.

"Mr. Shue, is she going to sing at nationals?" Rachel asks.

"Honestly, I don't know. I'm very disappointed in her. Anyways guys, let's get to talking about our setlist!" Mr. Shue says that last line enthusiastically.

"Change by Taylor Swift. It follows the theme of change well." I say.

"She's right, it's a great song." Rachel says and smiles at me slightly.

"I don't know it, would you girls mind singing it?" Mr. Shue asks.

We smile and stand up.

"Anybody who knows it can join in." I comment.

Santana and Britt stand up too.

Rachel:

And it’s a sad picture, the final blow hits you

Somebody else gets what you wanted again and

You know it’s all the same, another time and place

Repeating history and you’re getting sick of it

Brooke:

But I believe in whatever you do