Chapter 2 // Babysitting

It was 3pm and i had 2 whole hours until i had to go babysit. I had nothing to do so i grabbed a froyo and walked to the beach. I took off my shoes and socks and strolled along the white sand while the sun was up until i reached the end of the beach where nobody ever really stayed and took a seat on a flat rock. The beach was my favourite place ever and i just soaked in the sun and the sound of waves crashing and the children playing, i liked to come here alone often to think and to just get away.

The wind was starting to pick up so i decided to walk back to our apartment and get myself changed into something more appropriate for babysitting. Not that i was that experienced, i was just helping out a friend of Hollies mothers. I like to think of Hollies mother as a mother to myself, as she raised me better than my own mother ever did. 

 I got in and slung on some comfy but skinny black jeans and a floaty vest, pottered around the house for a bit then headed out. The house i was going to wasn't far from mine at all so i walked. I walked most places anyway. I rounded the corner to the house i was supposed to be going to and saw a large, white, modern looking house in front of me. It was the right one so i aproached the door and knocked, i was five minutes early. 

'Hello nice to meet you i'm Mrs Pottorff but you can call me Maria! You must be Macy?' a small, almost hispanic looking woman with a warm feel to her greeted me as she opened the door,

'Yeah i'm here to look after Levi!' i responded trying to act as enthusiastic as possible. I needed the money for this job.

'come in let me show you the drill before i head out,'

Miss Pottorff introduced me to Levi and showed me where his bedroom was, and his dinner and what time it was due, she instructed me that levi should be in bed by 8 and that she should be back by 10. She showed me where the food was in case i got peckish and how to work the TV remote all in a hurry then she sped out in a rush,

'call me if there's an emergency dear, good luck!' she said handing me a post-it with a number scribbled on it, then closed the door behind her and left.

The house had a  nice feel to it, it was colour coded, stylish and modern but also had a homely and lived-in feel to it. Levi was a really sweet kid and i wondered about his dad, but, of course i darent ask a 5 year old where their father is.

'Macy i'm hungwry' called Levi from the couch where he watched kids cartoons as i prepared his microwave food. 

'dinner in 2 minutes sweetie!' i called back

 I prepared myself a bowl of lucky charms and me and Levi sat at the kitchen table eating and talking about stupid little things such as cartoons, parks and candy while he tried to sneak peaks at the TV as the two rooms were open planned. Levi yawned and i looked at my watch. Shit. It was about 10 minutes past 8 and Levi was supposed to be in bed, straight after he had done eating i picked him up over my shoulder and took him upstairs.

'Come on baby its bedtime' i whispered as he argued that he wanted to watch cartoons with me downstairs.

'can you sing me a sleepy song?'

'okay but just a short one' i replied reluctantly