Preparation for Night

Hi my name is Emma and I am 15, I have big blue eyes with long red curly hair I love my life. I don't want it to change. My mom and dad are divorced, I will admit it kind of sucks not really knowing my dad very well. But I guess I have a good reason for them being divorced. My dad was a drunk and hit my mom multiple times so I live with her now. Everyone thought it would be better for me. I am popular at school and have so many friends and even a crush!

  His name is Mike and he is the best guy I have ever seen. He is super nice too. He has the perfect shade of blond hair, big green eyes that looked like emeralds, he is strong and smart, and he is super nice. With that we make the best couple ever! I mean everyone ships us together. We have so many things in common! He likes the same music I do, we like the same food, and the same movies and all that stuff. His parents are divorced too! I never found out the reason why but that's a family thing. We were perfect together.

  "Why don't you stop staring at him and talk to him!" My best friend Maya said.

  I have known Maya from birth! She has super curly black hair, black skin, and dark BLUE eyes. Well anyways our mom are really good friends so we were born one room apart in the same hospital and once we were out of that place our moms moved into a temporary apartment where we would play and we have known each other for 15 years now. We are at that point of friendship where we wouldn't even have to ask our parents if they could come over and we don't ring the doorbell we just walk in to each other houses!

  We started to walk to our next class and we always have some downtime. Now you may be thinking "Well why don't you just go into the bathroom or something and spill your guts to each other like they do in movies?" Well because in real life you don't have 20 minutes to go from one class to the other you really have like 4 minutes.

    "I cant just go up to him and say 'hey I like you do you want to go on a date because I love ya?' who would want to hear that while I stutter my heart out" I told my friend with a little laugh.

  "Here Jane is throwing a party Saturday. My mom said I could go as long as I don't drink any booze or smoke or..."

   "Ok I think I know what your mom was talking about Maya. Here I will ask my mom after school. I bet your mom would be over at my house anyway".

  Mayas dad is a night guard at a local museum so he has to sleep all day, so her mom hangs out at my house so she doesn't wake him up. And to hang out with my mom for a little bit. And they live across the street so I mean its not a far walk.

  We made it home and I was right, our moms were there talking over coffee.

  "Hey girls" my mom told me. My mom had black hair and brown eyes. She was super smart and now works as an accountant. Mayas mom looks almost exactly like her but with brown eyes and long straight hair. She is a baker and can bake anything! Her orders have to be called In because they are so exclusive.

  "How was your day at school" Mayas mom asked us.

  "It was good" Maya said as I agreed.

  "Hey mom, there is going to be a party Saturday night and I as wondering if I could go?" I asked my mom.

  "No drinking no smoking or any funny business and you must be home at 11:00" My mom said super causally. Maya and I were so happy we both did a little dance and headed up to my room.

  "What should you wear? It has to be Mark material." Maya told me as she rampaged threw my closet. "How about this one" Maya said looking at my dresses over and over again. We thought that I could wear this one white dress that has lace and silk and OMG it is so awesome!

  Well Saturday came along and we were ready. We got a ride from my mom and we went to the party and Marks eyes locked with mine right then and there. I then felt a little push from Maya.

  "I'm going to let you two love birds talk while I go and check out the food table" she said walking away from me.

  I walked up to Mark trying to play it cool and he walked up to me. It was magic! We walked up to each other on the front lawn of a house.

  "Hey" Mark said ending with a voice crack. I gave him a little giggle because he already has my heart but I don't know if he has mine.

  "Sorry I get nervous around really pretty girls like you, wait did I say that in front of my crush, uh I'm sorry I uh" Mark said turning red. OMG he likes me and now that we would make a perfect couple! I'm sorry guys if I'm sounding annoying or anything I'm just really happy! We talked the night away and before I left WE KISSED! It was official! We were boyfriend and girlfriend! Well I went home and made It a few minutes before 11. My mom stopped me right when I walked in the door.

  "Honey I need to tell you something and um...I don't know how you are going to take it but I hope you take it well or good or gooder"

  "Mom calm down and tell me what you want to tell me" I told her and we took a few deep breaths.

  "I'm dating some one and I would like you to meet him tomorrow. We would like to get married but I told him not without your approval. Now because he has a son and he might be your new brother you cant complain about him ok" My mom told me as I shook my head and agreed. I was excited to get a new dad. I thought to have a real father figure would be kind of cool.

  So the next day came and I was about to meet my possibly new dad.

  "Ok so um honey are you ready to meet your hopefully new dad and brother!?" My mom asked me as she popped. I told her yes and she opened the door. There stood my new dad and my new brother and all I could do is drop my jaw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys its Reggie so I was looking for a story and they were mostly you know he usual shy weird girl who doesn't like a popular boy but they end up in love or something like that. So I thought about changing up the game a little bit. Watch out for chapter 2 soon!