22:. Silver's Tale

Valandil was watering the roses in his garden. He was singing sadly.

"On one knows me,

No one care for me,

I am the lost piece

Of my mother's heart.

I am the one,

Who was supposed to die.

I am one of the nine.

The nine Rulers Of The Heart." He stopped and looked at the roses and tulips around him.

Eressia was staring at Valandil. She looked at the red and black roses and blue and white tulips all around her.

Valandil felt her presence and looked towards her direction.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his expression flat.

"I was just wondering around the gardens. This one is most beautiful." Eressia said amiably. Valandil smiled and looked back at the flowers.

"These roses are mine. But these tulips are of Turin's." Valandil said sadly, but his smile didn't fade.

"Who is Turin?" Eressia said. She was in a jocking mode.

"Second Pallando Warrior. He mostly remained at the borders of different cities. He and Lord Pallando can be trusted blindly." Valandil said and took a deep breath. "And Brandir."

"By the way who are the Rulers of the Heart?" Eressia asked, looking curious.

"The Pallando House is known as the Rulers of the Heart. People called them that, because they don't know the truth. Because of the Pallando House, today the world is this state." Valandil said and turned around to look at the tulips. Eressia opened her mouth to speak, but before the words came out, she heard someone playing flute in a sad tune.Cool wind started to blow.  Valandil looked at the only window of the castle, facing his garden. Hot tears welled up in his eyes. Eressia kept silence and stared at Valandil. Suddenly there was silence.

"What was that sound?" Eressia asked confused.

"It is the tune my brother play when he is here. But sometimes someone else play this tune in his absence. I don't know who is that person." Valandil sighed. Eressia slowly walked towards him. When She reached beside him, she stopped and looked at the window

"Was it coming from there?" Eressia asked pointing at the window. Valandil looked at the direction and took a deep breath.

"Ï don't know. There is no way to go inside that room. Or I never found it." He said sadly. A servant came in the garden and bowed.

"My Lord, your father is calling you. And you too, My Lady."

"Let's go, Eressia." Valandil said and walked away. Eressia looked at the window for the last time and followed him.

They soon arrived at the door of the throne room.. First Valandil entered the room. Pallando was already waiting for him. Eressia also entered and bowed down to Pallando.

"Which people are more valuable in your life, Valandil?" Pallando asked so suddenly that Valandil looked at him confused.

Ï...I" He looked at his father. Pallando was looking at him closely.

"If you won't take my name I won't care. Just tell me the relationship between you and those people." Pallando said politely.

"My dead mother and brother. And the old man who I lived with before coming here." Valandil said, hurt sparking in his voice.