Chapter 19

Josh Paisley 

It kills me to see him this cold. Back in the bedroom, he seemed so warm, passionate and just very intense. Yet dominant at the same time and it suits him. Every kiss sends me to heaven and to be honest, I wanted him to mark me. Yes, it was in the heat of the moment but I don't regret it what so ever. I loved it.

In the kitchen, it was like I walked in the freezer. Blake was cold and reserved. He didn't want me to touch him! I never knew he had this side. Not to mention it is our first fight. How could you be so loving first and a minute later almost the opposite? I want to be able to touch him. Like holding hands, or his arm over my shoulders. I don't care but some physical contact, please! My wolf whines and he tries to take over, to get me back to Blake. It's just that I need some fresh air.

I didn't even know that I got quite far in the forest when I feel a couple of arms around me. Blake! I turn my head and see cold steel blue eyes. Familiar ones. Immediately I try to get rid his arms. 'Let me go.'

'No,' he whispers and he tightens his grip on me. 'Do you have any idea how long I've waited for this. I've been kicked out of the pack because of you.'

What the hell does that mean! Do they believe me now? Blake, I'm sorry! I wanted some fresh air. Not this! 'What do you mean by that? I don't have contact with anyone in the pack and I haven't talked to my family for two years because of you.' I spat back at him. Trying to hide my fear at the same time. Panic almost took over my brain that I don't know how to get away from him.

'That sounds like music to my ears. It means that you're still afraid to go back home. A good sign for me.' Evan, my godfather, tries to restrain me.

However, I'm not going down without a fight. Two years of traveling did something to me and I'm not so weak anymore. What also helps is knowing that Blake might try to find me. He might be mad for letting him mark me and yet that he has to wait, but he will come for me. I just know it. 'I'm not alone.' Before he can do anything I howl. Letting my wolf take control for a minute.

Only to be cut off. 'You're not doing that anymore! You hear me! And what do think I am? Stupid, I can the mark on your neck, Josh...'

'Then you know that I have a mate. He will come after me and when he sees you. You should be ready to fight.' I never saw Blake fight but I know that he took that arrow silently. Even without making a sound he pulled it out of his chest himself! That says something about how strong he really is. Thank god that I was able to howl. Even just a few seconds. It might be just enough for Blake to find me.

'This will shut you up for sure. Go to sleep, Josh.'

I feel a needle in my arm. Things get fuzzy around me and the last thing I see is some light purple liquid going in my body. What is that? That's when everything gets's black for my eyes.

'Sleep, Josh, sleep. I don't need this anymore. It's not good to me either.' He lifts me up. 

*********

Just a short chapter this time. Maybe there will be another update. Stay tuned. :)