For Forever

Pairing(s): Prinxiety

Warnings: Self-deprecation
________________________
Virgil glanced over at the boy sitting at the desk across from his.

For months, the same boy had sketched and scribbled in a crimson leather notebook, always managing to peak Virgil's curiosity. The notebook looked expensive, and he always looked so enthusiastic when using it, so Virgil had come up with a story of who he was and what he was like by using those details alone.

Usually, he wouldn't be so intrusive, and he wouldn't rely on such tiny details to define a person. This guy wouldn't leave his mind, though; his visits to the library almost always clashed with Virgil's, and he would always sit in the exact same spot.

It didn't really help that he was also extremely attractive.

Sighing softly, Virgil attempted to tear his curious gaze away from the boy sitting in front of him. And almost as if sensing his inner turmoil, a bubbly voice sounded from beside him. "Virge? Are you there, buddy?"

"Hm?" Virgil jumped slightly and turned his head to face the cardigan-clad clod, who just so happened to be his best friend of nine years, Patton.

Lips tugging into a wide grin, Patton placed his bag beside him on the ground, opening it up and taking out a baby blue notepad. "You were zoned out there, Virgil. Is something wrong?"

With yet another hopeless sigh, Virgil shrugged and glanced over at the intriguing boy he had been staring at for the past ten minutes. Patton seemed to immediately understand what he was trying to say. "Why don't you just go and talk to him? Ask him about his notepad-"

"Seriously? That would be the worst ice breaker of all time, Pat."

Rolling his eyes fondly, Patton shook his head and chuckled. "It was just a suggestion. Either way, you should say something to him."

As Virgil opened up his textbook, glancing down and letting his eyes scan over the words on the twenty-seventh page, he spoke in the most casual tone he could. "Yeah, sure. Then, I'll sprout wings and sour out of that window over there."

Patton watched his friend point his thumb in the direction of a window close to them, a confused look in his eye. Looking up at his friend, Virgil feigned surprise. "Oh, sorry. I thought we were saying things that are never going to happen."

"Come on, Virgil." Patton laughed, his voice still encouraging. "You can do this! Go talk to him."

Flipping the page of his textbook, Virgil let out a derisive snort and chose to give no response, causing Patton to sigh heavily and continue to work on his biology paper.

End of May or early June
This picture-perfect afternoon we shared

"Excuse me?"

Virgil froze. His social anxiety set his body ablaze and clenched his lungs in its cold hands. Even so, he glanced up at the stranger and had to resist a shocked reaction. It was him.

This boy's grin screamed confidence, and the piece of paper in his hand beckoned him. "I simply wish to know what your name is."

Amusement flashed across Virgil's face for a second. 'Strange syntax. He's like an old fashioned prince.'

"Uh... Virgil."