Prologue

It was late May and I was getting ready for my trip to New York next week. I was so excited that some night I couldn't sleep at all.  I still lived with my parents at 25 years old almost 26 at the end of June. I worked for the Salt lake County Police Department in Utah. I was glad to get out of the house besides just going to work. My parents are so embarrassing to me and my little brother Skylar. Like one when we were at a carnival and my dad was sick and he had to much to eat and when we got off of The Wind Tickler he threw up all over me and Skylar. People laughed that I didn't want to stay there anymore even though we had just gotten there. So it was the perfect opportunity to get out.

     "Please take me with you Rylei! Please!" Skylar begged and pleaded. "I'm sorry but I can't Skylar. The plane tickets are too expensive and I've been saving up for this. And plus, I already have too much going on and I can't keep track of you. You also have school." I replied. As I turn around and look at him, he gives me a dirty look. I scoff and roll my eyes. "You know how badly I could hurt you. Right?" I said. "Yeah, I know. After all you do take bad guys of the streets." He replied. I smiled at him and said "Maybe when you get into the Police Academy I could teach you how to deal with some of them. Especially the one that are high on drugs and have weapons." I said. "Yeah maybe you can." He replied. "Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to work." I replied. "Bye Rylei." Skylar said. "Bye." I replied.

      It was Sunday night and I had been dropped off at the airport. I got on the airplane and fell asleep. The ride was a 4 hour flight but it felt like forever until I got off of the plane. It was so uncomfortable to sleep in but I logged a few hours of sleep. When the plane landed I woke the person next to me and told them that the plane had landed. When I got off I found my luggage and headed outside to find a taxi right there waiting for anybody to get in the car and tell them where to drive. I had gotten in and someone behind me had also gotten in. I recognized who it was. It was the guy that was sitting next to me on the plane. "Hey are you the lady that woke me up when the plane landed?" He said. "Yeah...?" I replied with questioning uneasiness. "I meant to say thank you but when I looked for you, you were gone." He replied. "Oh, well you're welcome." I replied. "By the way I'm Mike. Mike Jolley." He said. "Nice to meet you Mike. I'm Rylei Matthews." I replied. "So what brings you to New York?" Mike asked. "Just visiting." I replied. "Visiting from where?" He asked. "From Utah." I replied. "Utah! That's a long ways from here!" He said with a shocked expression. "Yeah I know. But New York is worth the visit." I replied. "Maybe I could show you around sometime." He said. "Yeah I'd like that. But first I want to find somewhere to stay." I replied. "I know the best place where you could stay, Wales Hotel. Best hotel on the planet." He replied. I smiled at him "Sounds like a deal then." I said.

Sorry I ended it right here but there is more to come. Thanks. :)