General Theory of Relativity

"Angel, I got to talk to you." Eliza said, pushing past the other cops and detectives in the precinct. Maria apologised behind her as they made their way to Angelica's desk. Eliza slumped down in the seat next to Angelica. Her sister chuckled dryly at Eliza.

"What's up?" Angelica asked cautiously. Her sister was never one to push others aside.

"I think we need to go check out Jefferson's place." Angelica quirked up her eyebrows, passing a glance to Maria. Eliza's girlfriend simply shrugged. "Come on. If John is anywhere, it'd be there. We all knew his feelings for Alex and if Thomas is as scary as Alex portrayed him to be, would it be unlikely that he'd be kidnapped."

"Just- Angel, please indulge her." Maria begged. "Would it really hurt just to cross it off the list? Just to check that box."

"Eliza, I trust you in all things, but I'd need a warrant-"

"Not if you have probable cause!" Eliza interjected. "Which you do, kind of."

"Fine, fine, let me get James so-"

"Hell no! We can't have four people!" Eliza practically shouted. Angelica almost forgot that her adopted sister was held her Chinese values to heart and never did anything in fours. Unlucky.

"Just get in my damn car."

🌻

Angelica knocked loudly on the door, a hand on her gun in case Thomas really did take John and Alex captive. She knocked harder. "Open the door!"

"Okay, move. You're plan isn't working." Maria said, lightly pushing Angelica out of the way and pulled out a lock pick set. Angelica turned away from her so she can't be held as a witness to a breaking and entering.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Angelica asked. Maria chuckled and made a final turn with the pick.

"I'm from South Bronx, Angel. You learn a few tricks." She answered shortly as the door clicked open. Eliza moved past her and stood in the centre of the living room, her hands on her hips. A door in the hall opened and Alex slowly walked out, his eyes widening when he saw the three girls.

"Thank God!" Alex gasped out, jumping into Maria's arms. Angelica was speechless as she examined Alex. Bruises and bite marks covered the skin visible to her. He had recently cried. Angelica moved in, closing the door behind her as she called in to her partner the address and situation. "I thought I'd die here."

"Is there anyone else here?" Eliza asked, putting a tender hand on his back. Alex shrugged, clutching to Maria even tighter. "I'm gonna look around. Angel, wanna help?"

"I'll take the rooms and you take bookshelves." Eliza's face scrunched up. "We need something else to stick to Jefferson besides Alex." Angelica explained to her before moving down the hall.

She checked what she assumed was where Alex was held, going down to the bathroom and finally a locked door. She rolled her eyes and shot the knob. Angelica walked in and felt relief. She untied the cloth around John's mouth and began working on the knots against his wrists and ankles.

"Is Alex okay?" He asked quickly, standing up on shaking legs.

"Yeah, he's fine." Angelica looped an arm around his waist and help him steady himself. "We need to get you down to a hospital and make some charges."

"Angel, hurry!"