Marvin

//this is just a lil chapter from Whizzer's perspective after Marvin breaks up with him at the end of act one//

I sit in my car, shaking. Well let's clarify, it's a car Marvin bought me for my birthday a few years ago. But it's still under my name so it's mine. Just thinking about Marvin makes me want to cry. He made me happy. So happy. Yeah sure, we fight a lot, but every argument ends with a lot of either kissing or sex or both. I just felt so special around him, I mean, he divorced his wife for me. He also made me forget about my abusive father and awful childhood.

Our final conversation plays again and again in my head, with Marvin screaming about me just being some pretty boy. But I felt like much more than just a pretty boy when I beat him at chess. I shouldn't have done that. I should've let Marvin win. Then after that he would've kissed me over top of the chess board, saying good game, and like most of our kisses, that kiss would've led us to our bedroom.

But that didn't happen. Marvin gave me an hour to collect my things and say goodbye to Jason. Oh Jason, that kid is amazing. Well technically he's messed up, but still an adorable child.

Now I recall the last "I love you". I'm pretty sure it was last night while we were making out. Previously we were arguing about the difference between flirting and talking, but then I apologized for flirting with someone at the mall, so then, like most arguments, Marvin grabbed the back of my head and grinded against me, kissing me on the neck. Now I trace with my finger the hickeys on my neck.

But an hour ago Marvin told me that he never loved me. I couldn't say that back to him, because I'd be lying to say that I don't love him. I love him, from his lack of fashion sense to his need to argue about everything to his kisses to the way he held me every night to how he helped me end my smoking problem. Speaking of smoking, I need to smoke. I need to forget about the fact that I'm now homeless, unemployed, and worst of all, single.

I reach for a cigarette from the back seat, but as I reach for it, I find a green jacket. It's puke green so it's obviously Marvin's. I cautiously grab it. He wore this to our date a week or so ago. I was cold so he let me wear it. The jacket still smells like him so I put it on. Yet I find something in the pocket now. There's a box. I pull out the box. Holy shit. I've seen this kind of box before. Never in real life, but on TV and movies, when the guy is proposing to a girl. I open the box. Sure enough, there is a ring in there. A gorgeous one. So now I'm confused. Why did he break up with me if he was planning on proposing?

Don't mind that right now. I light a cigarette. I grab a newspaper and look through the employment section. Then something pops out at me. Upper elementary and middle School baseball coach needed. I love baseball. I'm pretty sure Jason is doing baseball. Oh my goodness, this is how Marvin and I will get back together! I throw the cigarette out my window and start driving to the city's community center.

//Well that was a bit longer than I thought, hope you enjoyed me giving an optimistic ending//