Beginning Of The End

// basically Whizzer right after he and Marvin get back together in act two, yet he's starting to get sick//

I wake up sweating again. And shaking. Hm, that's new, the doctors will definitely want to know that. I pull out a notebook and write 6/23, woke up sweating and shaking. I quickly get out of bed. It gives Marvin anxiety seeing me like this so I have to pretend like I'm okay, even though I'm definitely not.

I decide a shower would make me less sweaty. While in there, I think. Why does life hate me? Why does God hate me? I have done nothing rude in my life, yet here I am, in the middle of unknown illness that could be killing me. And Marvin. We just got back together literally three weeks ago and now I'm sick? Marvin doesn't deserve this.

I hop out and dry off. Just as I let go of the towel to start getting dressed, the bathroom door opens "oh Whizzer" I hear Marvin say. I turn around. There's Marvin, with his eyes scanning my naked body, with almost a sympathetic look on his face "you've been losing weight"

He pulls out the scale. Sure enough, I've lost ten pounds since my last doctor appointment, which was about a week ago. Marvin shakes his head. It looks like there are tears in his eyes "I don't know what's happening to you, Whiz, but once I do, there is nothing to stop me from making you the strong, healthy man I know and love"

A couple hours later I'm once again in the doctor's office. And in those ugly gowns they make patients wear. I sit on the table and Marvin is standing next to me, squeezing my hand tightly. Today I had what feels like the thousandth test to see what the hell is happening to me.

Slowly, a doctor walks in. Oh thank God, it's our friend Charlotte, though when I see her face, I don't care who's here, just as long as I know what is happening to me "hey Whizzer" she says softly. She forces a smile although the tears in her eyes prove she's not actually happy "I'm just gonna say it-" Charlotte starts, Marvin let's out a cry. His hand clenches mine even tighter "Whizzer, dear, I hate to tell you this, but you're dying, we don't-" Marvin screams. He almost slaps Charlotte, but squeezes my thigh instead.

Charlotte bites her lip "as I was trying to say, we don't know exactly what this is, but I know more than anyone else here. Remember when we discovered that you guys have hepatitis?" Both of us nod "I'm roughly guessing that whatever Whizzer has is something like hepatitis. But worse. And only transfers from man to man through" I look over at Marvin nervously. He looks as though he'll either explode with anger or explode into tears.

"He can't just die like that, he's a healthy man that has never sinned once. Life doesn't work like that" Marvin grits through his teeth.

Charlotte sighs "I never said when we believe he will pass away, but it still is a possibility, I am trying everything I can to-"

Marvin cuts her off, screaming "IF YOU'RE TRYING SO HARD THEN MAKE HIM NOT DIE"

Charlotte has tears in her eyes "I am trying  Marvin. Accept reality, if I could, Whizzer would be already back  in good health and you two would be living long lives together. But no. He has this illness that doesn't  have a cure at the moment. Be thankful that I'm trying to help him"

Marvin is about to say something, but now I cut in "guys, please stop" they both look at me "everyone will die at some point. All this means is that my time to die is sooner rather than later"

Everyone is silent for a few minutes "here's your prescription, your next appointment is Tuesday at 10 am. Have a good day" Charlotte says coldly, handing me a slip of paper, then slamming the door behind her as she leaves the room.