Storm

I stood at the dinner table. Tonight was the night when we would learn who Kurts mate was.

My wolf was going crazy inside my head. I knew i was his mate i had to be, hed changed me into a wolf. When he changed at the age of sixteen he ran to me. Buttass naked of course, he climbed through my window and startled me so much that i fell out of my chair.

After hed told me everything i needed to know hed bit me. He didnt ask me, he just moved my head to the side and bit into my neck. It had felt like flames were licking the insides of my skin. My bones ached and my blood boiled. The first crack had me on the floor, but i refused to cry.

Kurt had knelt next to me wiping my hair out of my face as the bones continued to crack. i let out tiny whimpers every time i felt a bone break, and as my spine changed i couldnt stop the scream which cut off straight into a howl.

Kurt had clenched his hand around my muzzle so tight that my teeth cut my lips. When the blood hit his hand he had jumped back shocked. I was confused as to what happened until i turned and realized there was a wolf in my room. I squeaked and made to jump back, but i had run straight into Kurt. He had given me one command. "Change"

Being a changed wolf was hard but with Kurt alongside me it just seemed worth it. I had loved Kurt from then on we were inseperable there was a tug at my heart and flutters in my stomach when i was around him. We had spent our lives together after all.

So now i sat waiting for him to come into dinner.

"ill go check on him" his father said rising his chair creaking behind him.

I nodded and turned to my best friend, who sat beside me. I said nothing and just studied her. She had dark hair that ran pinstraight down her back, it fell around her face and hid it from my  view but she turned to look at me and i saw the sparkle in her blue eyes.

We did this a lot, we would try to figure out what the other was thinking without speaking. a peculiar look came over her face as i heard voices in the hallway. i turned to see what it was and missed her inhale.

I smiled it was kurt and his dad walking down the hall,  i couldnt make out their conversation, but all of a sudden i heard them stop talking. I heard one of them inhale loudly and than Kurt came barreling into the room.

He looked around frantically like he was trying to find something. I watched him shocked. His eyes met mine breifly before stopping on Emily. He sighed and walked towards her she rose from her chair and i watched as Kurts eyes turned to the black of his wolf.

I stood up confused as to what was happening. Than it hit me, my heart stopped before starting to race. I felt my stomach drop. just than Kurt muttered one word that broke me.

"Mate".

The pain i felt tear through me was worse than when i found my brother dead. It was worse than the frantic phone call from my mom to tell me Dad was hurt. It was worse than breaking my wrist. Than when i got in my car crash. The pain i felt was worse than shifting. It felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest. I couldnt breathe i couldnt move.

I heard a high keening sound fill the room followed by whimpers. I gasped for air, and tried to find the source of the sound before i realized it was me. I had shifted right there. My wolf whimpered in pain and i couldnt move.

I felt hands brushing my fur, and i heard Kurts dad yelling orders to people. I was lifted and the sound of my howls was all that filled the room. Somehow i found the energy to turn my head.

What i saw made my howls raise in pitch my body wracking in pain. Kurt and emily stood there not even noticing what was happening. They stood and stared into each others eyes.

I snapped theres no other way to describe it. My heart dropped and all i could feel was rage. I would say it was white hot but whites to kind a word.

My fur started changing. The white fading to gray and as i ran it turned to a deep ebony black. The tears i had been shedding turned to blood. My body grew and this time when i howled it wasnt full of pain.

I gave them one warning and one warning only before i charged.

Kurt pulled Emily out of the way and out of nowhere. His dad was in front of me.

Kurts father forced me to the ground and held me there until i stopped struggling. My mom stood horrified in front of me. I looked at her and i could see the pain etched into her face. My father sat in his wheel chair next to her and he took her hand in his.

This further broke me down and the last white in my fur dissapeared. I saw the shock on everyones faces.

"Shift" Kurts father bellowed at me.

I did as he said uncaring that i was naked in front of them. I wiped my face and pulled my hands away to find blood on my hands.

When i saw it i did the first thing that came to mind. I laughed. To think that when your heart breaks so badly you dont know if you can survive you bleed, from your eyes.

I turned to my reflection in the mirror and looked as the green in my eyes darkened. It seemed to swallow me as i stared into them. They were hollow and empty the darkness consumed them until all that was left was black.

They lightened after that. Leaving them grey with black around the edges. They glinted harshly in the light. The change didnt end there.

The roots of my hair started to grow and as my hair grew the color of it changed. It started as grey, the blonde at the bottom of it stayed and the color darkened to such a deep black that it almost glinted blue.

My hair hung down my whole back the two colors creating an eerie look. My chest burned and as i watched where my heart had broken a mark started to burn in. I felt numb. My chest barely moving. I was unrecognizable as the girl i had been minutes before.

i vaguely remembered the story Kurts dad had told us when i first turned wolf. That when a wolfs heart truly broke they turned rogue. It didnt happen often but when it did the pack member was forced to leave so as not to cause blood shed.

I felt the presence behind me and growled.

"Dont touch me" My voice was beautiful and terrifying at the same time. The persons hand stopped.

I turned to Kurts dad and smiled. It was wicked i knew just like the rest of me. I was not the girl i had been. The one who stood in the shadows and took the pain and the torment. I held it all in for my whole life and now i wanted revenge.

Turning to Kurt and Emily i growled low in my throat. I could see the fear in Emilys eyes, I couldnt read kurts though. This was his fault. All of it was. You only changed a human to a wolf when it was your mate. This was the bond he had formed when he changed me.

Before the Alpha could force me to leave i left. I turned to them and let out a howl. It ripped through their souls i could feel it. All the pain, the torment in me. I shifted and they all stared in awe at the broken wolf before them.

I turned then and i ran through the wall and out the front door. The sky was dark and i could see the flash of lighting in the distance. As i took off into the wood i could hear the pack howling. Expressing the pain of losing a pack member.

My rage only grew the blackness ripping through my blood stream. It fought to take me over, to make me rogue. I fought it down until it slithered back to my heart where it settled.

As the trees flashed by me the thunder ripped through the sky shaking the ground. The rain fell and i howled again and again letting out the pent up feelings. Life would no longer be the same. The blackness fed me strength, and as my heart stopped beating dead in my chest a new being was made.

I wasnt alive, i wasnt dead, i wasnt a wolf or a human. i was nothing. I was the storm and the trees i could feel the earth beneath me. I felt the pain of everyone and it weighed down on me. I couldnt feel the pain anymore though, there was nothing. Without a heart how can someone feel heartbreak, when you cry blood how could you bleed.

When the next flash of lightning cut the sky in half. I howled, and every creature shivered whether they heard it or not. I was unstoppable. I had the strength of the storm and that was the name i adopted..

I was Storm.