Chapter : 9

Dawn's POV :

I locked the door and move towards Ray's car. I passed him the keys and we both settled inside the car.

He started driving. I was still shocked with Evans' behaviour. I was really confused about what he want from me? It's not like he loves me or something because he is a play boy and uses girls for his sexual desires otherwise I haven't seen him with any girl. I was lost in my thoughts when car stopped in front of a very large building.

Ray already got down from the car and I also followed his steps. The building was huge and made of glass.

"My office is Inside. " , Ray told me.

"Oh...", I was still mesmerised.

We entered the building and moved towards elevator.

" The building has 175 floors and my office is at 173 , so it will take a while", Ray stated.

" That's fine." I replied.

Elevator started moving and at each floor people started filling in. At 30th floor it became so crowdy and suddenly old lady at my right pushed me sideways in hurry.

I collided with a large wall with mint scent...umm...whatt....oh I mean I collided with Ray's chest. He looked at me and our eyes met. Oh my god ... Those chocolate brown orbs. His eyes looked like they are made of melting chocolate .. So warm and mesmerising.

I felt tingles at my waist and they brought me out of my desires and fantasies about chocolate and brown orbs.

I looked down Ray was holding my waist to steady me. I suddenly jerked and stood straight . My cheeks flushed red with all the blushing and I can feel his gaze on me. But I chose to ignore it.

Finally after the gazillionth years later we reached on the 173rd floor and crept out of elevator.

Ray led me into his office. It was a medium sized room , with files all over the place and a balcony at the right. The place was messy. Ray sat across me from the table and picked up a file.

" This is Mr. X", he showed me picture of a guy who was well built and appeared like a Mafia don with dusky colour and mean eyes, " nobody knows his actual name and hence he is called Mr. X. He is the biggest drug dealer and according to my sources I have come to know that he is in town". Ray told me.

" so why don't you  inform police , they will catch him" , I asked.

He laughed.

" Do you really think , in this matter police is not involved" , he smirked at me.

I never believed in police but I didn't expected them to be so indulged and bribed.

" So what are we going to do", I asked hesitantly.

"There is a rave party downtown and we are going to meet Mr. X as drug suppliers. By we I mean you, because they will know that I am a detective but nobody knows you." He said in a casual tone as if asking me to buy a bread from super market.

I stared at him for 5 minutes.

" Are you kidding", i asked when he didn't laugh.

He looked at me with those chocolate brown orbs. They were dead serious and without any emotion.

" I told you it's a risky work, if you don't want to involved then back off" , he stated in a cold tone.

I thought about  all the children suffering from drugs then about my life. Even if I die , that won't matter and hence I agreed.

" Okay , I will do it." , I replied.

He looked at me in surprise and then started telling me about all the details regarding that matter.

After 30 minutes of discussion , we both were silent and pondering over our roles in the party.

"And  you need a dress " , he stated out of blue.

I was confused at first but realised what he was talking about.

" And make sure to wear something revealing because if Mr. X won't look at you , our plan will be failed" , he said coldly.

"Okay boss", I replied, offended.

Our plan is that Ray will dress up in his office and then take me home so that I can dress up , and then we will be taking my car to reach party and will act as strangers in party and I have to attract Mr. X and he will try to collect information of whole racket through his informers and other resources.

It's already 6:00pm and we have to reach downtown by 8:00pm.

I was sitting on couch when Ray appeared from bathroom. He was dressed in a black tuxedo and white shirt. His hairs were styled upwards and he was looking gorgeous.

I stared at him moreover gaped at him.

" Are you done checking me out", he smirked.

"You wish", I huffed.

He smirked and nudged me to move towards the car.

Soon we arrive at my apartment and while I went to dress up, he waited in the car.

I took a blue coloured dress, which was the only revealing dress I have.
It has two slits diagonally, one at chest and another above thigh with a deep back. I styled my hairs in a updo with some accessories and silver pencil heels.

As I exited house , Ray give me a once over but did not say anything and we drove off

We reached our destination. It was a mansion with separate parking which was filled with cars. We rehearsed the plan real quick and part our ways to attend the party.

As I entered into the ballroom, which was decorated magnificently, the first thing I noticed was that most of the women are naked.

I was trying to realise what's happening. After a while I realised they were not guests but the waitresses. Old men were groping them, this scenario send a wave of rage and disgust through my body. But I have to act and hence I controlled my emotions.

Author's Note:

Hello guys , it's been a while. From now on I will try to update regularly.

Do tell me what do you think of this chapter and don't forget to

     Comment

                              and

                                               Vote

I will be back soon till then enjoy.

Love you guys
Byeeee