Chapter : 3

I was lying on my bed trying to sleep but my mind drifted towards events occured today. My blood boiled at the thought of Evans. "How dare he touch me" . Until now only his eyes shows his bad intentions but today he just crossed all his limits.

I remember the first day I joined his company. I thought I had no chance here because I do not have any experience. But as I walked in interview room, there was Evans, that day I was wearing formals. He stared at me for five minutes unblinkingly and when I cleared my throat he came back to  his senses.

I am not miss universe but I am decent looking. And there are so many girls better than me but I don't understood earlier what Evans have seen in me. But after joining the company I realised Evans is a pervert. He forced his previous secretary to sleep with him. His track record with other young female employees was also bad.

I thought it would be better if I started searching for a new job.

Then my mind drifted to the guy who knocked on the door, he was the same guy who was there at the bar and parking lot. I wondered who he was. But he was so handsome. I drifted to sleep thinking of him.

Next day when I reached office. Evans called me in his office. As I opened the door there was him....oh ..my...god..... sitting with Evans.

I was introduced to him and got to know that his name is Ray...Ray Copperson. He is a private detactive.
Evans was explaining further but I was not listening to him. I was busy in gazing at Ray's perfect jaw line. Chocolate Brown eye. His brown hairs ...etc. Suddenly I came out of my trance as Evans told Ray to discuss something with me.
I mentally slapped myself for not listening to the conversation.
But the damage is already done. So, I asked Ray to follow me into my cabin.
As we came out, I found each women drooling over Ray, but he didn't even spared them a single look.

We were in my cabin, sitting awkwardly.

"Hyy, I am Ray", he initiated the conversation by introducing him and extending his hand.

"Hii", I took his hand shyly. His grip was strong yet comfortable.

"So, what do you think about the case", he asked in professional manner.

Case?

What case?

I was going to ask him but then I remembered what happened in Evans' cabin.

Uhmm... I cleared my throat.

"Could you please explain me about it more clearly", I tried to ask him about the case which I have no idea about.

He raised his eyebrow and looked at me but thankfully said nothing.
"Well, I am a detective and one of my client's daughter is started taking drugs suddenly. So he came to me and asked me to inquire how this happened so suddenly. During the inquiry I found out there is a gang who supplies drugs to students and when students are under effect of drugs they make their porn videos and blackmail them.I realised some big names are involved too. However I don't know about them yet. So I need help of a journalist because power and network of media is very strong." He completed his story.

I was seriously impressed by him. He was so polite. If I hadn't seen him fucking that waitress, I would have thought him as a innocent guy.

I shrugged these thoughts away.

"Ohh, I think this is a story needed to be revealed to people, otherwise lives of so many students will be ruined. So, I think we should do it." I said and smiled at him.

"That's very brave of you. But I wanted to tell you beforehand that it's a really dangerous matter. Your and your family's life will be at risk", he told me.

"I do not have anyone to worry about and there is no one to worry about me" I stated hiding my pain.
He stiffened and looked me in the eye. Then blinked and took my phone from the table. I was going to ask him what he is doing.
"This is my number and also I have texted myself from your phone to have your number. I will inform you when we have to go for mission", he said in a single breath and I was looking at him amusingly.

He dropped my phone on the table said bye to me and left the office.
I completed my work , and left for home.

It was a good day as I successfully avoided Evans and I met Ray too.

**************
Author's Note

**************

Hello everybody...🙋

I am thankful for your support guys. Keep reading and keep voting.

Let us make our author-reader bond stronger by knowing each other. So let's start with some general questions. You can ask me anything, if you want?

What is your favorite song?
Mine : Closer

Where do you live?
Me : India

What is your pet and its name?
I have 5 fishes... Named
Blacky
Firestorm
Tinieee(tiny)
Walrus
Flipiee

Do VOTE🌟  and COMMENT📝.

THANK YOU

Byeee

See you soon..