Chapter : 7

Ray's POV:

I have got some lead about the case and yeah I really need to discuss it with that journalist girl... How could I forgot her name... Plus I could not find her number too. What the hell is wrong with my phone and memory.

It's really important to discuss, what should I do?.....

Beep..beep..

Suddenly my phone started ringing and I saw it was Evans.... I picked the call.

"Great time man .. I was going to call you"... I said.

"Why "... Evans asked in a professional manner. His voice plain, void of any emotion.

"Actually I need the girl's address"... I hesitated.

"What girl?".. came a stern voice.

I can feel that he stiffened at the mention of address and he clearly understood what girl I am talking about.

"The girl you assigned me to work with.. I forgot her name ..." I acted professionally.

"Ohh..... But why do you need her address" ... He asked.

"Actually it's something about the case. So will you..?"

"Well I am not in the office so I can't." He said.

I can feel that Evans is lying.

"Ohh.. that's fine ."

" By the way why did you called?"

"It's nothing important. I will talk to you later......"
and with that call was cut.

I can feel that something is wrong with the strange behaviour of Evans. I mentally noted to check it later.

I went to Evans' office and asked receptionist to provide me with Dawn's address. Yeah, I recalled the name when someone in the office said it.

I drove towards her house and rung the bell.

Suddenly door opened and I found a grey tshrt at my face with words

"Take it Ripper"

What the hell is wrong with this women.  "Uhmmm uhmmmm.... Excuse me".
I said awkwardly.

"Oh .. ai ai I am sorry" the girl stated clearly embarrassed.

" I thought it was my neighbor".

I looked at her , she allowed me in. I sat on couch and then took notice of her appearance , she was wearing a comfortable looking pyjama and a tank top with her sleepy eyes and morning hairs. The girl was really hot without trying to.

"So, why are you here at this hour and how do you know my address?", She asked .

"I am a detective miss", I laughed , " and I am here to discuss about case", I completed.

"Oh.. okay but let me take a bath first and then we can go ahead...till then you can watch around , if you want to", she said and ran without waiting for a reply.

The house was nice and cozy. I looked at the chocolate brown paint . It was soothing . On the ground floor there was kitchen and living room and a bathroom opposite to main door. Parallel to kitchen are stairs . I took the stairs . There were two rooms . One is smaller and seems like store room while the other was bigger . It's door was open and there was a bed facing door. On the other side there is a balcony and a large sliding glass door. I went to balcony and checked the view . This room was nice. I came in and sat on the bed, but there were no pictures in the room. I was checking the room suddenly a door on left, inside room, opened and I instantly saw green through the curtain of wet brown hairs.

"Oh shit"

"What the hell"

We both shrieked and ran. She towards door, she came from, and me towards exit of the room.

"Hey, you can come I am out of room" ,I shouted and went down to sit on the couch.

I was literally shocked . I didn't see anything except her eyes and hairs but that was definitely embarassing.

How could I enter into a girl's room when she clearly stated that she is going to take a bath.

***************
Author's Note

****************

Hello guys and girls🙋

I am really happy ... Actually happy is a small word .... That there are almost 80 reads on HAL. And 15 votes.

Well I really love you all for your support, even if it is silent one I appreciate it. I never intend to increase votes and comments on my book . I just ask you guys to comment, so that I can improve myself where I am lacking.

I am not a professional writer ... So I would really appreciate if you help me improve.

I know this is a really late update but college is really getting on my nerves plus for additional soothing(sarcasm noted) exams are coming too.

Yeah yeah .. i will not take your whole day, now have fun .... Byeee tc...

Love u all..

And

Do not forget to VOTE 🌟 and COMMENT 📝.