War Never Changes

War. When people think about this, they think about soldiers running into battle with rifle in hand beating the absolute shit out of the opposing enemy. It's a lot more than just that. War never changes. The basic concept of war never changes. During the revolutionary war rifled muskets had changed the war for the patriots who craved for nothing but freedom it made the muskets more accurate, the militias also shot the British generals, during the time that was considered unfair. War is unfair. That is the whole key concept of war. During the civil war soldiers were given a bullet that was have inch thick called the "minie ball" it gave the Union and Confederacy a much higher kill ratio, the results of this new bullet were devastating just about any shot on the human torso was a kill shot. During World War 1, the bolt action rifle, making reloading a lot faster, easier, and made putting lead to soldiers a lot faster, as well as grenades whether it being mustard to your standard fragmentation grenade the machine gun was also a devastating machine of the first world war making fire rate in weapons a lot faster and the killing spree even more widened. World War 2 the semi-automatic rifle, the standard issue rifle the M1 Garand for the allied US forces had one of the first semi-automatic rifles made into standard issue, giving the axis forces with their un-modern bolt action rifles a disadvantage since they couldn't fire as fast as their American counter parts. Vietnam, the two very icon rifles the M16 and AK-47, the M16 was the first "assault rifle" to be put into standard issue for the United States military it was the second rifle with a "select-a-fire", meaning it could switch between fully automatic and semi automatic, full auto for close quarters semi for mid-to-long range combat, it was also a much lighter rifle and the cartridge it used was also a much faster round. The War on Terrorism began in 2001 when September 11th happened. The twin towers were struck by 2 planes. The first one hit the North Tower at 8:46 AM, the second plane hit the South Tower at 9:03 AM. At 9:43 AM another plane had struck the Pentagon. The year is now 2067. Terrorists have become a lot smarter they are coordinated they have a have a cause to fight, they now have ranks, their generals are strategic, body armor capable of stopping up to .50 BMG. But most of all they have the United States president. This is how war changes. 

Quick side note: sorry for the Call of Duty imagery I couldn't find anything better that personifies what the soldiers will somewhat kind of look like. And I'll get into what they actually have in the next chapter!