Eudaimonia

Eudaimonia - (n) the contented happy state you feel when travelling.
-------------------------------------------------------

We were left standing at the entrance of Alan's Airbnb. His place stood out among the houses we had past previously. The house takes the shape of a mansion within a private land of greens which on one hand looks artsy but creepily weird on the other.

"Welcome to Kinelty Island."

We turned around to face our host, Alan. He was around my 5'6 height, has ebony black hair and a slight protruding belly.

"It's a pleasure to have you guys here. Welcome in. Please follow me as it may be confusing to find your way around for the first day or so." He ushered us in, more than pleased to see us.

On our way to the Airbnb villa we booked, we past by at least fifteen mythical and religious statues, all in different shape and sizes, which were nestled in between the creepers and bushes.

He also told us not to worry if we happened to get lost as there would be cleaners stationed at each who would be able to help us back to our villa.

Finally after a couple of turns and talks that I paid no attention to, we came to a stop.

"Resort 04. The hut you youngsters will be residing for the next couple of days." He then proceeded to show us the interior of the 2 storey hut.

The exterior had been designed in such a way that was modernised to suit the tourists, especially bloggers, taste since the entire space was basically a insta slash blog post worthy. The interior design of the hut was beyond ones imagination.

The man-made waterfall plus palms trees and other tropical greenery beyond our front porch, gave off an inviting vibe. Least to say, the front porch had been designed to have a traditional veranda style that had an outdoor stone fireplace and rustic home decors which includes the dining area as told.

The interior complements the exterior. Keeping to its rustic layout, the walls had a similar stone detailing, classic leathered armchair and couch surrounding a glossed pinewood coffee table and in front of it was a 50 inch TV. On the other side, there were wooden bamboo chairs that had been westernized by having specially made velvet red with intricate gold designs plush cushion, positioned above tribal design carpet that harmonizes the flooring, laid before another fireplace.

"I'll leave you guys to yourselves, do enjoy your trip. And if you guys ever need help with transportation or just guidance around Kinely in general, my number's written on the piece of paper at the coffee table.", smiling he waved us bye, return to his work after telling us that the mini bus that was about to bring us to our first destination was arriving fifteen minutes.

Chiar turned towards us and proclaimed, "I don't think that this is a hut, this totally is a miniature mansion." She spun around, arms in the air, indicating the lavishly decorated Airbnb. "Four days in heaven...", she mumbled giddily.

"We have less than 15 minutes to get ready. I think it'd be better if we unpack our belongings tonight.", Alex pointed towards our bagguages.

"Spoilsport! Hphm.", stomping towards me while grumbling more profanities.

Scanning the itinerary the boys made , I smiled, bouncing up and down in anticipation, "Looks like the first stop on our list would be Queens Twin Falls waterfall hunting at Killiney Mt."

...

"You kiddos going to Twin Falls? You didn't make a mistake did you?" The driver rubbed his neck, asking us for the fifth time, losing the little control he had left.

"There shouldn't be a problem with that, no?", Jace inquired nonchalantly resting his arms at the back of his head. "Unless you have yet to inform us of the dangers that lies within it."

"Would it not also be better if there were a local to guide us in the trail?" It wasn't a question that was about to have 'No' as an answer.

"Of course. It would be a pleasure to guide the four of you to Queens Twin Falls. Just be reminded that not everything there isn't what it seem. Many who enters never return. Some would say that they get lost in the process of searching themselves." The driver for once sounded so serious about the circumstances. "But then again you kiddos aren't going there for that purpose. Just be reminded, DO NOT bring any 'souvenirs' back."

Before we could ask he explained. "The local tribes used to perform rituals and they weren't pleasant. To be honest, if it wasn't him, that famous guy, who miraculously came to find out about that place, we locals will still be under the hands of that blasted folklore."

He then started whispering, "Here's an insider, many tourists would pluck the exotic flowers that can only be found on the way to the waterfall or pick the stones." Bringing us closer he added, "Don't say I didn't warn because I did. From what I've heard over the years was that the tourists who'd not listen to the precaution were all found dead in the forests near the waterfall. (Last update 23/06/18)

After that he continued mumbling to himself while driving us there. Leaving the four of us or at least just Chiar and I perspiring in trepidation. Ohh Jace what exactly have you got us into?

"Jace, Wat the Flipping Fudge?! Wake the flag up!! Do you have any idea what you have gotten us into?! Were you even listening or hearing what that driver had told us!"

"Calm your horses babe." He answered o-so-tirelessly bringing out that sickeningly 'oh-I'm-a-prince-slash-jock-attitude'. "Nothing's gonna go wrong. I mean he did warn that as long as we don't bring any of those 'souvenirs' " ,and he just had so that open and close inverted commas action (urghhh bastard), " back, nothing will happen.", and ended with that dashing smile that I came to dislike dearly.

"Calm MY horses?!" I pointed accusingly at him. "You- yo-YOU SICKO! You're not even taking this seriously!" I fumed.

"Here and now, where each and every one of  our lifes could be at stake, and there you are shaking your blasted leg like and as though you're some pompous prince of some-some idiotic-unheard and probably non-existent country.."

"Hey, hey Jess, look at me." Chiar cuts in. As stubborn as always I continued pinning my gaze down towards Jace (that unreliable piece of-) "Jess hunn, look at me," she soothed, with a tinge of seriousness in it.

I turned, though and still unwillingly. "I think hunn, you may just be overthinking." She smiled, trying her best to comfort me.

"Yea, Jess Yo-" Jace probably would have said something insulting but with one glacier pierce from Chiar, he turned swiftly.

"Mm, maybe.." I replied. " but you know we can never be to sure of these places. They probably hold some long history that locals-"

"Yo kids, you've reached your destination. Total fare would be 90Kils. Thank you and have a nice day young ones!" He chirped before riding down from where we'd came from.

"You were saying Jess?" Jace quirked into my face. "Look at this beautiful abode of lush green trees and the fresh air that we can never inhale back home!" He did his best Sound of Music spin while taking in a deep and wholesome breathe.

And really I could help but roll my eyes and smile along.

"Hey Jace, don't released too much of that carbon dioxide you're exhaling."

"And why not?"

"Well, mainly cos ohh maiii whats that horrific smell?" I dramatized. "We wouldn't want to deforest-ize this tranquil and serene place would we?"

"Oh really?"

"Yes really."

"O the game's on, baby girl!"

...
Yikess it's been almost 2 years since I last published this😬.

The writing style may have changed slightly I guess, but really, who knows?🤭