Eighth.

Ming froze in the place where he was standing. One of his hands held the handle of his car’s door. In front of him, there was Forth, the sophomore from Ming’s faculty, who was showing him another car that was parked across theirs.

“Are you sure that your friend will be okay?” Forth asked. He seemed so worry.

Ming could guarantee that Phana, the owner of the parked car, won’t cause any harm to his friend, Wayo, Phana’s boyfriend. Moreover, Phana possibly picked a fight with one of Forth and Ming if he happened to see them together in the cafeteria. “Yo will be fine.” Ming said. “WE ARE, P... We are the one in danger now.” He added.

“Now that you speak of it, you are right.” Forth agreed. “We should just wait for Ai Pha to return here and have a talk.”

“NO!” Ming conferred. “He will kill us, P… I’m sure about this!”

“Ai Pha is not that bad.”

“I’m not gonna wait for P’Pha, P…” Ming talked as he was begging at Forth to get in the car and move from Science building. A jealous Phana was not someone who can easily be compromised. If it was about Wayo, don’t wish that he could be shakened! “P’Forth, let’s go!” Ming called Forth who was still standing outside the car, while Ming already started up the car.

Forth had no choice and got in. “Are you really Nong Yo’s best friend?”

“I promise you, P, that Ai Yo will be 100% fine.”

Nong Yo’s boyfriend was crazy in love with Nong Yo, that’s what Ming always thought since he knew the fact about Phana have been being in love with Wayo since high school. The protectiveness Phana showed even before confessing about his feeling to Wayo already made Ming shivered. He couldn’t handle it.

“Are you afraid of Ai Pha?” Forth suddenly opened a conversation between them in the car.

“Didn’t P’Forth know that P’Pha is so protective and possessive towards my best friend?” Ming asked back. “You are one of the victim, aren’t you, P’Forth?”

“And you are not?”

“I AM!” Ming bawled, made Forth laughing. “Even since before they go out. P’Pha kept accusing me acting like a boyfriend towards Nong Yo. I WAS NOT! NEVER!” Ming explained. “People kept saying that I was sweet to Yo, when all I did was teasing him.”

Forth shrugged, “I was one of those people you talked about.”

“Oh, come on, P…” Ming wheedled.

“Talking about jealousy and all,” Forth continued. “You should cut it off, too, Nong Ming.”

“What are you talking about, P?”

“My baby.”

“Your kids?”

“Beam.”

“P’Beam?”

“Hmm.” Forth vouched. “I remember Beam said that you would freak out if Kit was together with him. Beam cares about your boyfriend,”

“THERE!” Ming denoted. His voice was so loud, it made Forth startled.

“Listen to me first!” Forth pleaded. “I’m not done talking.”

“Oh, okay, okay, P…” Ming agreed. He didn’t even turn his sight away from the road since he was driving.

“Beam cares, of course, because they have been being friends since school days. What do you expect from them?” Forth elaborated what he wanted to say earlier. “Can’t you see it like friends taking care of each other, the same way as you treat Nong Yo?”