Chapter 2

Amelias P.O.V

My feet moved quickly through the large corridor, my eyes constantly seeking their way back to the map and the timetable in my hands. My shoulder bag kept gliding down due to my fast walk, making me more irritated than I already was.

After a good five minutes of walking through corridors I finally reached the door with the large number 13B. I glanced down at my timetable again to make sure I was at the right door at the right time, confirming I was.

I looked through the window to see the teacher wildly engaged in the topic he was presenting. The students were less engaging in what he had to say except from a guy right in front who looked between the board and his folder constantly, writing every word the teacher wrote down.

Unsure of what to do I knocked slightly, earning every single pair of eyes to turn their ''attention'' towards me instead of the board. Instantly I felt crowded and stuck. I wanted to back away from the door, make myself invisible but my feet were stuck to the ground, unable to move.

Whilst thinking about all of this and so much more the teacher had made his way to the door and opened it with a swift move.

''Who are you?'' the teacher asked bluntly.

I gave him my timetable and pointed at my name in the corner, earning a raised eyebrow from him. ''Ah, you're the mute kid. You're late.'' He continued with a stern voice and began to walk back to the front of the classroom, leaving me behind still on the other side of the door.

Slowly I took a few steps forward, unsure of where to lay my eyes I finally decided to turn my attention to the teacher again who still had a raised eyebrow and motioned for me to sit down at the only place available. Next to the chair he assigned me sat a boy with brown hair. He was smiling up to me, welcoming me the best he could by moving his stuff from the chair next to him. His smile was kind, bright and loving. It felt like my insecurities and fear disappeared through the brightness of his smile.

I smiled back at him before accepting the seat he offered.

''Hey! I'm Grayson... Grayson Dolan'' he reached out for my hand which I gladly accepted. I mouthed a simple ''Hi, I'm Amelia'', unsure if he would understand or not. His confused look however let me know he only saw me being a complete weirdo mouthing something he did not understand. I let go of his hand which I had been holding the whole time and began to search through my bag for the whiteboard, quickly scribbled down the small sentence.

Hi, I'm Amelia

I always felt really awkward when telling people about my disability. You never knew how someone would react or what someone would think when you kept brining that ugly white board out. Lucky for me, he turned his frown into a smile and nodded.

''Right! Nice to meet you Amelia. I'm Grayson.'' It took him a while to realise his mistake but when he did he only laughed uncomfortably and scratched the back of his neck. ''But you already knew that because I already mentioned it, good job Gray'' he continued a bit to himself before giving me an apologetic smile.

The teacher who'd already begun his lesson noticed us talking and looked at us angrily. ''I advice you both to wait with the ''get to know party''. I'm trying to teach a class to people who might actually be interested.''

It occurred to me now that I didn't actually know the teachers name but I already disliked his way of speaking to students. ''Sorry, it won't happen again.'' Grayson apologised for us both.

When the teacher went back to his again Grayson turned his head to face me but kept his head low, as it would help going unnoticed. ''Mr. Bundle is really good at what he does but he really doesn't have a sense of how to speak to people. Don't take anything he says personal.'' I only gave him a nod for an answer and turned my attention back to the board.