Thirteen

A/n: How's your heart holding up, Aeron?

"Gray! Gray! Your going to be late!" Gray heard his mom bang on his door. "I'm up." He groaned. When Gray looked at himself in the mirror he finally realized the mess he became. His raven hair looked like a ravens nest, he had bags under his eyes, tear stains on his cheeks, and his eyes were puffy. "All this over a boy?" A voice in his head said. "But this boy is the one." Another voice said. The angel and the demon are fighting again. "Natsu isn't "the one" angel." The demon said. "Yes he is!" Gray let his mind argue even though it was stupid because he was really the one doing the fighting and towards himself. Gray put on a baggy black sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, blue headphones, and white high tops. "Morning." Ultear smiled, trying to brighten the mood. Gray walked passed the table and right to the door. "Don't you want some-" The door slammed before Mika could finish her sentence. As Gray jumped off the last step his phone started ringing. He answered without even checking it. "Hello?" He asked.

"Roof." It was Natsu. Gray forgot he could take the bus or drive, instead he sprinted all the way to school. "What's the rush, Gray?" Alzack asked. Gray ignored him and kept running. Gray burst through the door. Natsu was standing there holding a small box. Gray walked over panting heavily. "Look inside." Natsu said handing the box over. Gray looked at all the contents. A movie ticket,

Natsu and Gray walked out of the theater. "That was a terrible movie!" Natsu complained. Gray laughed. "It was about dragons so I thought it'd interest you." It's true, Natsu and Wendy always had a deep fascination to do with dragons. "Well it didn't! The CGI was awful, the jokes were crummy, we might as well have been watching a bad ripoff of How to Train Your Dragon, now that was a movie." Gray let out a loud laugh. "You're an idiot."

Gray picked up a deflated soccer ball,

"Heads up!" Natsu turned his head. A soccer ball hit him the face. "Ow!" He yelled with tears in his eyes. His nose was bleeding and dirt got on his back. Gray picked the ball up and threw it at a near thorn bush. "If you can't aim the ball then you shouldn't be using it." Gray helped Natsu to his feet. "You okay?" He asked. "I-I'm fine." Natsu said with a small blush. This was the first time him and Gray had held hands for this long.

Then a beaten up copy of The Thief Lord,

"Nerd!" Natsu yelled in Gray's ear. "There's nothing wrong with reading, Natsu." Gray said while rubbing his ear. "Books are for nerds, like Levy." Natsu said with his arms folded behind his head. "What if I read to you?" Gray asked. Natsu blushed. "I guess, but it'd have to be a good book." Gray rummaged through his books. He then pulled out The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. "Ready?" He asked Natsu, who rested himself on Gray's shoulder. Gray blushed but went with it. "Chapter One, Victor's New Clients. It was autumn in Venice when Victor first of Prosper and Bo."

Finally, a key. The bow of the key was a blue rose with small red spots on it.

"This key is the only key I have." Natsu said showing it to his best friend. "No back up?" Gray asked. "No back up." He answered. "What does it lead to?" Gray asked making Natsu blush. "When I fall in love I give the key to the person and say, "Here's the key to my heart, you've completely earned it. I trust and love you, so, you're its holder," my mom said that's how she got my dad to date her." Natsu explained. "Why are you showing me this?" Gray asked. "We're best friends aren't we?"

Gray looked up at Natsu who was smiling slightly. "Here's the key to my heart, you haven't fully earned it, but I believe in you and love you. You are its holder, please take care of it." Gray dropped the key to the ground. "I just take care of it, dumb-" Gray kissed Natsu passionately. Natsu kissed back happily. They broke apart but they were still close. Gray laughed. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Natsu whispered.