Chapter 4

(Jackie pov) I was thrown into a room and hit a chair. First thing I did was sit down, cause it has to be there for a reason, right? Then, as if automatic, I heard her voice. "There are 2 pieces of brownie in front of you. One is normal and won't harm you in the slightest. The other, we'll, you'll find out for yourself. All you have to do is eat one. Pick the correct one, and your free to do as you like." I looked at the brownies in front of me. I examined them closely. They were identical! How am I supposed to pick when I don't know? My heartbeat grew louder and louder, and I was on the verge of even more tears.

I decided that if I can't tell, then I really have no choice but to guess. I picked one of them and ate it. It tasted so good. When was the last time I ate? It was then that I realized how hungry I was. I devoured the thing like it was the last one on the planet. "Shame, you chose wrong." My heart dropped to my stomach and I couldn't breathe. Wait, I really couldn't breathe. I'm gasping for air but I can't inhale any. Was this because of the brownie? Then I saw it.

(Flashback/memory) I saw a board with jobs. Everything was still so blurred. It was the other woman's job to feed her. But She didn't feel like it. After all, they could use this food later, right? Anyway, days went by, and eventually those days turned into weeks. Don't worry! She gave her water! In fact, She went downstairs to give her some, when I noticed how scrawny and fragile she was. She almost felt sorry for her. Almost. She leaned her head back and gave her water. She took it so graciously. It was so quiet in the room except for the constant growling of her stomach. She ignored her plead for something, anything to eat, and headed upstairs. More days went by, and finally, it was time for the finale. (End of flashback/memory)

I was shocked. They're horrible people! I could finally breath again, but just barley. Man, if only they would have fed her, hell if they would have just left her alone then we wouldn't be in this mess. God, we hated her, but why? We didn't do anything g to her though! She honestly didn't do anything to us and we didn't do anything to her. They were just despicable people! After thinking this she dragged me back and chained me up. Before leaving she said "Rule#3. Don't eat In class unless you share with teacher." Then the door closed.

(Katie pov) I could only sit there and watch helplessly as the door shut for a third time. I sat there holding Jackie to comfort her. "Hey Katie, you ok?" He asked wearing a concerned look. "Yeah. I'm fine, why?" It hasn't dawned on me until now, but I was shaking. I was afraid. I'm next, and from the look of things it won't end well. Please, please just let me remember something. Anything at all to help me, no, us get through this. Then, as If someone flipped a switch, I remembered. "Oh my god" I stuttered. "What is it?" Austin said. "I remember everything."

Jaws dropped to the floor as all eyes were on me. "Well?! Tell us!" Austin demanded. "I remember what happened to her. I remember the last thing she said to us before we ended up here." "What is it?" Jackie said finally calming down. "I will never forgive you for what you've done. All of you will pay for what you've done, and that is no mere threat. That's a promise." They all had blank looks on their faces. Damien looked up and said "Do you know what this means?" We just sat there waiting for him to explain. "We're all here so she can get her revenge on us. We're here...because she's dead."