Chapter 3: Enter The Ruins

The small boy awoke to see small rays of sun falling upon his face. He stretched his hand out infront of his face.
"I'm... not dead?" He spoke to himself flexing his tiny fingers. He sat up to look around at his surroundings. To notice he was laying on a bed of yellow buttercups.
"Just like mama's story!" He spoke to himself, suddenly all the fear he had felt moments before falling down had vanished. But wasn't it just a folk tale? Was his mother really serious? He had so many questions he wanted to ask but with no one to hear them. He was snapped out of his trance by the sound of a gasp. He turned around to see something rather odd. It was a little girl.
Except.
She was a goat.
Cyrus opens his mouth to speak only for the young goat girl to run away crying for someone.  "Momma!" She cried out. He got up quickly to follow her only to run into something. Looking up he saw a taller version of the goat girl he say moments before. He let out a small cry.
"My goodness my child, what are you doing here." She spoke looking down at the boy with white hair.
"A human hasn't fallen down here for years." She started going on speaking things he didn't understand. During this he decided to take in her appearance. She was tall and fuzzy and wearing a purple robe. Attached to her hip was a like a smaller version of her, but she instead of a purple robe wore a lime green dress.
"What is your name, my child?" He looked back up at the goat woman confused, not having heard her.
"W-What?" He asked.
"Your name my child. I am Toriel, I watch over the ruins here. And this young one is my youngest child Tagorie (Tah-gore-E). What is yours now that know ours." It took Cyrus a moment to realize that she had called herself Toriel. Could it be the Toriel his mother spoke of that exact morning?
"C-Cyrus! My name is Cyrus Miss Toriel." He stuttered at first, still trying to wrap his young mind around everything.
---------------
Frisk griped her hair, still screaming as she curled into a ball. She knew it was a bad idea to tell Cyrus about the Underground. She had broken the promise she made to herself 9 years ago, that he would never know about it. But it was apart of him, it was the entire reason he came into existence. How could she not tell him? But that story might be the cause of her losing her son forever. She had to act quickly. Standing up she started running before hearing something snap and her tripping. She let out a groan before turning to see a piece of wood covered in vines. She ripped them all back from the square piece of wood listening to them snap one by one. She looked at the broken sign.

"Beware Mt.Ebott."
---------------
Toriel had taken both Tagorie and Cyrus by the hand and led them back to her humble in the ruins, but when they had gotten there Cyrus has fallen asleep do to exhaustion. He awake to a small room and looking on the floor infront of him he saw a piece of pie. He smiled and he took in the wonderful smell of it. Picking it up he started to gobble it down. When he was done with the pie he licked his lips and set the dirty plate down before walking slowly to the door and opening it with a loud creak. He saw all the lights were out.
'Was everyone asleep?' He thought to himself as he walked out into the foyer. He noticed the stairs leading down and then further down. He slowly started walking down them, and then he walked down the long corridor leading into a big door. As he stood in front of the gigantic door he felt a rush of cold wind slip out from underneath it. Without thinking he reached for the door handle.
"What are you doing." He heard a voice squeak behind him. He turned around to see Tagorie in the doorway. "Mommy isn't going to like it if you leave the ruins." He hesitated. "But I want to explore." He responded back. She walked up to him, surprisingly she was the same height as Cyrus (if not taller by just a hair).
"I won't tell her then, but take this with you just in case then." Tagorie handed Cyrus a small gold bracelet.
"It might help you, just say you came from the ruins and know Tagorie." She smiled at him. Her smile felt contagious to him causing him to smile back.
"Thank you Tagorie." He said still smiling back before opening the giant door with the help of Tagorie and slipping through, shutting it behind him. He turned to see a landscape covered in snow. He took in a gulp before slowly walking forward. It wasn't until he heard a voice behind him that he stopped.

"Where are you going kiddo?"

~~~~
Hey it's Nadean again!
Look another update!
I'm really sorry if it seemed rushed and short. I just really wanted to have the ruin scene be short, but Toriel and Tagorie will show up again and have a bigger part in the story than just that.
And by the Tagorie is not an OC x Toriel. :)