The Blame Game

"What" Will gaped, his mouth hanging open. "What do you mean they're dead?"

Emma looked startled.

"I mean they were alive yesterday, and today they're not" Puck replied.

"Yeah but – I mean – How?"

"I think Andrea was strangled Mr Schue. Her face was kind of purple, and she had marks around her neck" Finn said.

"Alan was shot in the head – blood everywhere" Puck added. Rachel flinched.

"I'm going to have to go and check out their hut; see if there are any other phones or forms of communication with the outside world. We can't stay here when there's a murderer on the loose." Will said, authoritatively.

"Would you, um, like anyone to go with you?" Emma asked, concerned for Will's safety, but terrified that he would ask for her to assist him.

"It's fine, Miss Pillsbury. I know you hate blood; I wouldn't put you through it. I'll brave it on my own."

***

Kurt unpacked the wardrobe in order to relocate into Mercedes and Tina's cabin.

He broke down into tears as he saw Artie's bag, with all his clothes left in it.

He couldn't stay there anymore; not on his own, the room had a bad vibe and a strong sense of emptiness without Artie.

Kurt rushed out of the cabin, after re-packing as quickly as he could.

***

Everyone sat around on the logs outside the cabins, staring at each other.

Tina sat alone, with a look of disbelief printed onto her face.

"Puck, you're stupid story last night has made everyone paranoid. They all think Artie was killed and they suspect each other" Santana quietly hissed.

"I think Artie dying has made everyone paranoid. Not the stupid story" Puck snapped. "What other explanation is there? He didn't roll up there. How could he? Artie was murdered, and you're just going to have to accept it"

Tina, hearing the conversation, burst into tears and ran to her cabin.

"Now look what you've done" Mike said to Puck, running to follow Tina.

"You're a suspect too, Santana. You're not out of this" Puck warned her.

"So are you" She spat at him "Where were you this morning?"

"I was at the lake – I was dripping wet, you saw me."

"But you could have killed Artie before that."

"Santana do you honestly think I killed Artie?"

"I don't know what to think."

***

Will returned, unsuccessful.

"All the leads have been cut. I looked in the and boat logbooks; no one else has been to the island for over a month. We're alone here," Will informed.

"Which confirms what we feared, that it was – one of us," Emma stammered.

"Exactly."

"But who? – Why would anyone do this?" muffled Tina, through tears.