Mission: Not Falling In Love With Him (5)

After surviving the Chase party thing I spent three hours driving around. First, I thought it would be good just in case someone was following us. And then, I really didn't know where to go. Logan and Amanda had fallen asleep soon after the first hour.

I had decided to crash on a motel and not give too much thought into anything. Logan carried Amanda inside. She would have a massive headache n the morning.

It was really quiet and kind off zombie like the whole situation. Logan was way too quiet and that was frustrating. Right now, only one thing crossed my numb mind: awkward silence.

"Well...I'm just..." he mumbled avoiding to look at me. "Good night." He said and crashed in the other bed available.

I stayed there looking at his back for a while. This was going to be hard. From what I saw in those guys they were sent to do the "easy" part of the job but now that it failed whoever sent those were going to send the tough ones.

My brain was buzzing driving me crazy.

Why the hell didn't I stay home!!!

Oh right, 'cause I wanted to beat the crap out of Logan.

And now, I was stuck with him. For God knows how long!!

I threw myself on the chair next to the window. I couldn't sleep. What if they came after us again? What was I going to do? I barely had any strength in me to stay awake, less could I fight anyone.

And this was bad, really bad. It would be easier if I just had Logan here but I also had Amanda. Amanda, who was the laziest of us. I loved her but she really was lazy. Now she'd have to learn how to tough herself up.

I was really thinking this way too much.

I should just let this flow and worry less. But it wasn't that simple.

Between the buzzing of my brain and my worries y fell asleep.

****

I woke up hours later thanks to a big noise. I woke up in a start and took the blade next to me.

Then, I just realized it had been a thunder.

"Jeez, chill out. It's just some rain." Amanda mumbled burying her face on the pillow again. I sighed and went back to my chair.

There was no way I could sleep now.

"You look like hell." Logan said next to me placing a blanket over my shoulders. It was a little chilly.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"You should really try to go back to sleep." He said messing with my hair. I slapped his hand and he chuckled.

"I can't."

"They're not coming." He said as a matter of fact.

"Go to sleep, I'll wake you if anything happens." I said looking out the window.

He chuckled. "I was hoping you could join me."

"Aja, I'll be in a minute." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled once more and walked away. "Suit yourself."

It was already five in the morning. I waited until it was six thirty and hurried to the little food place. I bought coffee, donuts and some pain killers.

I placed them on the little table and started eating my breakfast.

"I would've rather pancakes, you know." Logan said stretching in the bed.