✖ C H A P T E R 9 ✖

What should she do?

What if she hurts someone?

What if she chose the wrong decision?

What if he was right?

Those questions kept on appearing on her mind. She only had a few more days before she must choose what's best for her. It will not only affect her but thousands of people. She didn't sleep yesterday , She can't. She felt as if she had a huge burden on her and it will not go. While she was busy thinking about this , she didn't notice the raven haired man slowly sneaking behind her. 

Suddenly , two strong arms pulls her close to the owner of the arms. Mikan instantly screamed for help but a hand went to her mouth to stop her from screaming and disturbing the neighbours. After all , it's still morning and we don't want someone suddenly knocking on the door to tell her to keep down her noise. 

"Hey Hey.. It's me" Mikan turned around and looked to see Natsume looking at  her with adoration and love. She returned the love and kissed his cheek. She felt the burden lessen a bit by his presence here. He noticed how she had bags under her eyes. He brushed his finger on her cheeks and traced the eye bags under her eyes with his thumb. "Had a rough day?" Mikan could only smile and nodded. "It's okay , I'm fine. I'll be good as new after I freshen up!" She said , not wanting him to worry about her. Natsume looked at her unsure but knowing Mikan , she'll keep on pestering on him that she's fine. 

"Don't push yourself too hard , Polka. I only want you to be happy. If you're happy , I'm happy." Natsume said with a sincere face. It felt like a slap for Mikan. Why can't she see it all this time. They only want her to be happy. Whatever choice she takes,  they will accept it. "Thank you so much,  Natsume! " She said as she hugs him for a brief second and rushes out. Natsume scratched his head in confusion. "Your Welcome?"

Mikan rushed in her car and drives towards the hotel where Jae-Ho is at. They had seperate rooms because the hotel Mikan is staying at is currenly full so Jae-Ho must find another hotel. As soon as she sees the hotel , She parks the car and hands the key towards the worker there. The door open automatically and she rushes towards the elevator. Fortunately , the elevator is empty and she gets in and presses the floor where Jae-Ho was at. The elevator slowly make it's way to the 5th floor while Mikan is currently tapping her foot to the ground impatiently.

The doors open and Mikan marches out of the elevator to meet Jae-Ho. As if on time , Jae-Ho is locking his door. Mikan runs to him and stops him from doing so. "Mikan? What are you doing here?"

"I finally made up my mind. I choose .. "

The next day , Jae-Ho finally announces a press conference that involves Mikan. He didn't say what was she going to announce to the public. Rumors were spreading like wildfire in public. Some says that she was pregnant and others say she is actually dating a fellow singer. The rumors were getting out of hand but this will have to do. Tomorrow , everything will be clear.

On the other hand , Natsume is calm about this news. He knew that Mikan is finally clear about her choices. Whatever she chooses , he will accept it wholeheartedly. She is the reason he is happy. If she's happy than he's happy. Even if he needs to let her go.

Today , the gang has finally decided to meet up to celebrate Christmas together. This is the first christmas party held ever since Mikan left. Without her , it felt empty. They wanted to catch up to her , hearing her stories , her jokes , her adventures in her world concert. Natsume is currenly getting ready to pick Mikan up. He forced her to wait for him to pick her up even though she wanted to go alone. After fixing hair , he drives his black car to where her hotel is.

He texted her that he already arrived. Mikan got the text and walks out of the door. The air is cold since it is winter,  she clutches to her jacket closely. When she closes the door, she finally let's out a sigh of relieve.  It is warm inside the car.  Natsume was astonished by her looks. She is wearing a red dress with sleeves reaching her hands. Her skirt reaches her knees. Even in that simple dress , she looks astonishing.

Mikan looks at Natsume weirdly and waves her hand in front of him. "Natsume ? Let's go already! We're already late!" Natsume finally back from his trance , puts his hands on the steering wheel and drives to Anna's cafe. On the way there, he would glance at her once in a while, making her feel irritated at his antics.  When they get there they were greeted with confetti's popped on their faces.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

The night was filled with laughter and joy as the gang was finally reunited with their favorite brunette. They filled up each other with stories and events in their life. It was truly an amazing night to remember.

The following day, the day of the press conference has arrived.  The dreaded day. Many reporters were there to witness the announcement.  It finally begins and Jae-Ho came in first , followed by Mikan. They sat down and Jae-Ho talks first. "We are here today because Mikan Yukihara , or known as Season will be announcing that involves her career as a singer." He glances at her to go.

She took a breathe in and lets it out. "As a singer , there are pros and contras. There are positives and negatives. Positives,  you can be famous, earn a load of money, have people love you and the list goes on. But the negatives are there will be people who will hate everything that you do, you will be watched by the world twenty four-seven,your personal life is limited , etc. For me, to be a singer is a dream come true. I've always wanted to be a singer.  I didn't care about the haters. But now, I've realized that there was one thing I couldn't handle and that is .. To choose between the world and love."

The crowd was in silence. Nobody dared to interrupt. They , no the world wanted her to keep going as they are curious about the ending. ".. These past few months were amazing for me. I found out that love is an incredible feeling. It makes you feel like you can do anything! Love isn't all about the hurts and falls ,  it's about the emotions and feels that makes you go .. insane! I love him so much. But I know that there will be many of you will reject us , hate us , and make us part. Now , I have to choose to let him go or let the world go.."