Chapter 2: The Hotel

Coach lined his sniper rifle up in a view where he could see zombies. He shot one in the head, and then a whole hoard came running at the car. "RUN!" Francis shouted. All of them ran, and Zoey, being the bad-ass she is, kept looking back with her dual pistols shooting zombies from left and right. Ellis was by her side shooting with his shotgun. When they were almost at the hotel doors, Zoey tripped over a rock and fell. A few zombies saw their chance at being able to run over, thinking that they would soon taste the ripe flesh and blood of Zoey into their mouths. She tried to get up and run, but a zombie pinned her down and screamed. Then all of a sudden...BOOM! She ran away limping, because the force of the zombie pinning her down her back hurt. Especially her side. Then she noticed that Ellis was the one who shot the zombie. She was embarrassed because she doesn't usually get saved like that ever, except the one time when she was little. She was about 4 or 5, and she was swimming in her neighborhoods local pool. She was trying to swim in the deep end of the pool, and she almost drowned. If it wasn't for her father she would have been dead by now. Ellis held her up and ran inside the hotel with her. He then picked her up bridal style and layed her down on the couch in the lobby. "Hey'a Ro! We need you to check out Zoey here. She was pinned by a zombie and she was limping when we ran in here," Ellis said. "Sure thing. Alright, sweetie. Let's get you checked out," Rochelle said to Zoey. She nodded and got up slowly. Rochelle helped her walk into the bathroom and then she bandaged her up. They then walked back out, and Ellis was on the couch twiddling his thumbs. "I just hope she's okay," he thought. When he saw them, he got up off of the couch and smiled. "You okay, Zoey?" he asked. Zoey smiled and nodded. "Yeah. My side is a little sore but I'm okay. Thanks for asking Ellis," she said.

      "Well I think it's time for us to go to bed," Coach said. All of the others, except for Zoey and Ellis, got upstairs and picked out their rooms. "Hey Zoey? You need any help?" Ellis asked. She looked at him. "Huh? Oh um, no. I got it," she said while walking slowly up the stairs. She doesn't like to have help everytime she needs it. She was always independant. Ellis bit his lip with a worried look on his face. "You sure? It looks like you're having trouble there, darlin'." She turned back around and motioned him to come over to her. Ellis picked her up bridal stye and went up the stairs to the 5th floor. It was quiet, except for Coach snoring. She told Ellis to put her in the 5th room to the right, which was the last one. He nodded and opened the door while holding her, and they both looked around. It appeared to be a couples suite. There was light pink wallpaper, and heart shaped pillows. The headboard was in the shape of a heart, too. Ellis whistled. "Sure is fancy," he said. "Tell me about it," Zoey said. He smirked and then walked over to the bed and layed her down. When he was about to leave, Zoey said, "Um, Ellis? Do you think you could..." He tilted his head curiously as she trailed off. "Yes, darlin'?" She bit her lip. "Do you think you could stay up here with me? So when I get up you could help me?"  He smiled and nodded. "Sure," he said. He got his boots off and layed down with her. "Night, Zoey," he said. She smiled at him. "Goodnight, Ellis." She kissed him of the cheek and went to sleep.