Chapter 4: It's Not Easy...

It was about 3:00 PM. Ellis was still shocked about how fast Zoey had hugged him, but he liked it. He didn't know why she did but he didn't mind at all. "Hey, Ellis? How about you get your hick ass over here and help me out with the laundry," Nick said. Ellis glared at him; no one, no one, calls him a hick. He walked over and began folding shirts and pants, when he found a necklace in one of the girls' shirts. It was a locket. It had a silver, but rusted, chain with a heart charm. He opened it up and saw a picture of a little girl with what looked like her dad. He was carrying her on his sholders, and they both looked like they were laughing. He smiled at it and started thinking about his old memories with his dad. He used to do the same thing when he was about 6 or 7 when they caught bass off of the peir in their backyard. It was, what Ellis likes to say, one hell of a time.

"What's that?" Nick asked Ellis, breaking him out of his thought. He looked up at him. "Huh? Oh it's uh...nothing," he said. He put the necklace in his pocket and finished folding up the laundry. When he was done, he tried to find Zoey. He wanted to know why she had hugged him; not that it was a bad thing.

Zoey was in the kitchen talking with Rochelle. They were both smiling and laughing. When he saw her he was walking down the halls so fast that he had to stop immediatley. He then went back behind the wall and took a deep breath, and walked back in calmly. "Hey there Ellis," Rochelle said. Zoey smiled at him. "Hey. Um, sorry to bother you guys but I need to talk to Zoey for a minute," he said. Rochelle said, "You're fine sweetie. Go ahead you two." Ellis smiled at Rochelle and then at Zoey. She stood up and walked outside with Ellis. "So darlin'...that hug went by fast. What was on your mind?" he asked. She blushed and said, "I just needed a hug..that's all." He was confused. "Why did you need one?" he asked.

"I lost my locket...I swore that I had it in my pants or jacket but I didn't." He smiled and pulled the locket out of his pocket and held it infront if her. "Is this it?" he asked. She smiled and exclaimed, "Yes it is! Oh my god! Thank you so much Ellis!" He gave it to her and they hugged each other. Zoey gasped slightly and got off of him,her face bright red of embarrassment. "S-sorry." He smiled and held her in his arms. "To be quite honest,I didn't mind it at all darlin'," Ellis said with a smile on his face. She blushed and giggled. Ellis leaned in and kissed her deeply. She didn't fight for air,and neither did he.

She took off his hat and put it on the windowsill next to them and ran her fingers through his hair. When they stopped,Ellis brushed his lips against hers and smiled. She got butterflies when he brushed his against hers,considering that they were still soft and moist from kissing. They kissed again,and Ellis had Zoey against the wall,slowly moving his hands to her waist. She slipped her tongue in his mouth,and her face got real hot and red. Then she stopped. "Ellis...I-I'm sorry...I can't."

Ellis sighed and said,"Why?" She smiled and held his hands. "It's not that I didn't like it--because I did. But...when it's times like these,we have to fight for our lives." He smiled at her and smooched her. "Okay. But we'll always be a team." She giggled and hugged him. He held her tight with his muscular arms. "I have to go back to Rochelle. I'll see you later...okay?" Zoey asked. He rubbed the back of his neck,blushed and said,"Oh that's right. I almost forgot. Sure. I guess I'll see you back in the room." She pulled him close and kissed him. "I'll be waiting,"she whispered. She then walked back in and sat down at the kitchen table talking to Rochelle.

"So...how did it feel?"Rochelle asked. Zoey was confused. "How did what feel?"she asked back. She chuckled and said,"I saw you two love-birds." Zoey blushed and said,"Yeah..."

"It's not easy..."she said. Rochelle looked confused. "What isn't easy?" Zoey sighed. "Love...it's not easy."