Chapter one

People were passing by an office that belonged to one Akashi Seijuro, who was the CEO, in the tall building. He was working on the paperwork in his office.

"This is indeed hard... But I must gain enough money for–"

The ringing sound disturbed Akashi. His vibrating cell phone was on his desk, right beside his new computer along with a mug, which said 'Absolute', with several pencils inserted in it. He probably customized it on the online and ordered it for himself.

'Who would call me during my work time,' Akashi wondered to himself. '...Unless there's a problem.' Since he was the owner of this company, it should be fine for him to pick it up without the boss yelling at him at work. Since he was the boss. He reached his hand out to his cell and gently picked it up, bringing it to his ear.

"Akashi Seijuro speaking. I do not have time. Please speak quickly," stated Akashi, as serious as ever. One of his worker who passed by his office stared at him before walking away. There was only silence from the other side. He couldn't wait too long for this useless call, so he stated that he would hang up. Then he pulled the cell phone away from his ear, about to hang up. But a voice spoke up, stopping him from hanging up.

"Wait. I do have a problem... Please listen to me."

Where the voice was coming from... was the cell phone. Who was silent for awhile. The voice somehow sounded so desperate, sad... like they were breaking. So he wondered what was his problem... If it was for something bad, he will hang up for sure.

"Yes, I will listen." He was doing what was right as the owner of the company. He stood up and walked into the hallway to talk privately. If there was a person passing in the hallway, he would move to another place. The hallway was empty, with light gray walls and steel on the ceiling and the pillars. The floor was black. It looked very fancy for the company building. The glasses was placed in the hallway as well. From the highest floor, he could view Kyoto city as well as Mt.Fuji. Akashi leaned his back against the wall, still holding his cell to his ear. The voice started speaking.

"Actually, sir, you know... that I am the housemaid, right?" She was his housemaid, helping Akashi around his own mansion with his so-called "wife", Kuroko Tetsuya. They were engaged on January 14th and lived together. It was currently January 31. The last day before February.

"Yes. What is your problem? If you say you accidentally spilled the soap, I'm hanging up.
It is your responsibility," stated Akashi.

"Uh, actually... It's your problem, between Kuroko. I mean, sir," said the housemaid, in a saddened voice. Then she continued. "W-well... Kuroko died today... At 12:54am. He was coming to visit you... But he died..." The silence quickly filled the hallway, before the ticking of the clock could be heard. The time was 1:15pm. Everything was slowed down... Akashi widened his eyes for first time since his defeated match against Seirin, which Kuroko was a player in. The owner of the company's brain was empty, and he can't think of any questions to ask, like how did Kuroko die.

"No. He died. To be free."

"From overwhelming test."

He was unable to ask how Kuroko died... But what he did was leave the building immediately, to visit Kuroko's dead body and hug him... as goodbye.

That morning, Kuroko was in the mansion, reading the morning newspaper on the couch. It was cold outside, and he noticed that it was snowing. He could see the shining white trees, which were covered with the snow. The curtains were opened, revealing a window with the view of the beautiful white snow, with 12 inches of snow level on the ground... before this annoying thing came and cleared out the roads. Kuroko decided on something to do, so he stood up and headed to the kitchen. While walking, he saw a beautiful woman in a black and white dress. She had stylish bright blonde hair, with long black eyelashes and wearing red lipstick. She was pretending to be walking a catwalk with the mop in her hand. There was a black and white hat on her head that showed that she was a housemaid.