You would cry, too. If that happened to you.

I decided to put myself into a good use and arrive at five into the Regulars. Half an hour earlier, half an hour later...who’s counting, right. Walking by my dear very well known streets brought some memories of old times back. I will never ever have courage to repeat any, even remotely close in my deepest unconsciousness, of those stunts of mine from the past. However, I really could have a good laugh about it now. That one time Emma and I fell asleep on the steps of Port Authority and when woke up found twenty dollar bill stuffed into Emma’s fist. Or that one time when we got drunk and found a bench in some park and stood on it, singing some stupid song in the middle of the night. Or when we got drunk and ended up in some tattoo salon. Thank God, I fell asleep waiting for my turn and never got a tattoo, when Emma has a very stupid “I love you, Stanley!” engraved on her butt. Yep, she hates me still for that.

     I crossed the street at the traffic light and made my way to the bar. It was less than a month ago when I came here the last time, but after going through so many changes, it seemed like a lifetime ago. When walked in, a long bar counter, which started from the entrance and always reminded me the piano man song by Billy Joel, was already filled with castors. I noticed some familiar faces and a bar attendant Tony who stood at his regular post. He recognized me from the doorway and appraisingly ran his gaze up and down by me frame. I knew that difference was like day and night. I didn’t need mirror to see it myself. I grinned and greeted him with cheerful smile.

     “Tony!” I chirped and sat on a high bar stool. “How are you?”

     “Angie, long time no see!” He leaned casually on the countertop with his elbows right in front of me. “Looking good. What can I get you?”

     “Emmy is coming too. I'll wait for her. For now coke will be fine.”

     “Coming right away!” He filled glass with ice and soda. “Here you go, ma’am.”

     At being called ma’am I snorted. I usually went my Miss, but I guess, my fresh and sophisticated look confused even Tony who saw me in all ten shades of my drunkenness.“How is life?” I took a sip. “I’m so out of my normal equation.”

     “Same old, same old.” He snickered. “I see you got engaged.” He pointed to my ring.

     “Same old, same old,” I retorted. “At least this time for sure.”

     “You mean that guy with cute hair.” He rolled his eyes. Tony was totally in girls, moreover happily married, but everything with too polished shiny anything, he called ‘cute’.

     “Yeah.” I chuckled. “Call me crazy!”

     “He comes here very often. He was here recently with his friends.”

     “He said he likes food here better,” I shrugged my shoulders.

     “Sure,” He muttered doubtfully. “They usually have lot’s of entertainment.”

     I creased my brows. “I hope nothing that you shouldn’t gossip about, or how it is...a bro code of honor, not permitting to spill something fishy.”

     “No everything was quite innocent.” He sighed. “I just don’t like the guy. For me, he’s too arrogant. No offense.”

     “None taken.” I was aware of Jason’s boldness.

     “Well, at least the boy has a buck.” He pursed his lips. “Nothing is wrong with him in that department. Well, you do look good!”

     “I quit smoking.” I winked.