Chapter 1

It has long been foretold, that one last battle will destroy everything. One feud that destroyed everything in its path. One love that can save but also destroy humanity. One battle, two people, two paths a single destination.

It has long been on my mind how life is dreadfully painful, not that I know much off, my father wouldn't let me out of his sight. Even when I'm in the bathroom. And no he doesn't enter in the bathroom with me but he's close by and he keeps watch every second. My mother used to tell me that he is overly protective for a reason and that when I will grow up, I will understand everything. I used to believe her but since the day she died, my father has become worse. It's been three years since I was left alone for more than five minutes. Complaining never helped, I'm gonna be the next leader of my clan and I have to be prepared so the pack will follow me and will trust me to be someone they are willing to give their lives too.

" Sierra, the full moon is upon us. Are you ready for the night shift ?"

A tall guy came into the room. His hair was dirty blond and his eyes were emerald green, those eyes that look deep into my soul. And that stupid grin he puts on.

" Very funny Alarik."

Alarik is my bodyguard, I like to think of him as my friend, but since he is paid to be here, I will call him .... a paid friend. Which for me is not so bad, since I'm stuck in this house for another two years.

Two years huh?

So far but yet so near.

I heard a howl.

" Time to go, princess," Alarik informed me.

I nodded.

When I went outside a sudden rush filled my lungs. My body was boiling and the moon was calling out to me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

My heart was beating, a thousand miles an hour. It was screaming.

I knelt down and put my hands in front of my knees.

When I opened my eyes, everything was different. I could feel the wind blowing and singing through my ears. My senses were heightened and everything was blowing my mind, I have been through this a thousand times but still, the amazing feeling I get when I'm like this is breathtaking.

I stretched my arms and legs and took off running.

A black wolf came running near me, it looked into my eyes and took off running in front of me.

I guess my father is angry.

As usual, the night run is nothing but .... Running.

But everything around me is mesmerizing, to the grass under my paw and to the wind blowing my nose.

When the moon started to fade we stopped and took shelter in an abandoned house.

Another rush passed through me and I took my natural form.

" You are getting the hang of this. Usually, you would take ages to turn back." Alarik slapped my back.

I was about to turn when -

" Sierra." A stern voice called out to me.

I turned to see my father walking to me.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and look at us. Great I have an audience.

" Yes, Father."

He sighed.

" You took your own time coming when you were summoned and then you took off. You know well enough you have to wait for the clear signal."