Chapter 9

Emrick shot up to his feet and covered me with his body. My eyes went wide and put a hand on Emrick's shoulder.

" It's okay. Just let me talk to him."

Alarik was pulsing.

Emrick looked back at me and nodded, taking a step back.

I inched closer to Alarik.

" I can explain," I said.

Alarik chuckled angrily and grabbed my hand. " You will explain when we get home."

He started to pull me but soon stopped. Emrick was in front of him, blocking his way.

" You better move, blood sucker."

" I won't."

They glared at each other. " Emrick, just let him pass," I whispered, already afraid of the consequences that Alarik caught us will be.

Emrick looked at me.

" Are you sure?"

I nodded.

Let me speak to him alone, I'll try to sneak away later.

Emrick sighed and moved aside.

Alarik pulled me with him.

I snatched a soft kiss from Emrick, before being pulled away by Alarik.

When we arrived home, everyone was asleep. Alarik pulled me to my room and threw me in locking the door behind him.

" Explain now." He said.

" Before I do, can you promise me to keep this between us?"

He laughed sarcastically. " I'll decide later."

My heart sank.

But I knew that if I didn't tell him, it would make the situation worse so I sat on the bed and started to explain.

He heard everything without interrupting once, even when I tried to explain what we thought about the reincarnation.

When I finished, he looked at me and sighed.

" Dammit, Sierra."

He rubbed his neck and came to sit near me.

" I was seriously scared that he was sucking your blood or something."

I smiled softly. " He wouldn't."

" How do you know?"

" I just do."

He sighed again. " I don't know what to think."

I arranged myself on the bed and turned to face him.

" I hope you know that I tried to fight off these feelings at first. I know I'm gonna be the clan leader soon and especially falling in love with a vampire is the worse thing to do. But I can't control my feelings Alarik, they are simply growing day by day and I can't stop them."

Alarik looked at me and smiled softly. " Worst time to fall in love."

I chuckled and nodded. " Yeah, I know."

He pulled my hand in his and squeezed. " I won't tell your father but you have to promise me something."

" What ?"

" You can't see him again."

My eyes went wide and I retreated my hand. " What ?!"

" Sierra, this is dangerous and if what you said it's true, your father will kill him again."

My eyes went wide. " I-"

" If you love him, it's better this way, at least until the first of may. Maybe it was all a stupid misunderstanding and all this story about being reincarnated was a stupid mistake but it's better to be safe."

" He's right."

Emrick ?

" Yeah. He's right Sierra. We should do what he suggests."

My eyes started to water.

You mean I can't see you again?

" No! No, Sierra just until may first, I can't live without you, we are going to Italy remember."

My heart ached. I could feel his heart aching just like mine.

I love you, Emrick.

My heart skipped a beat and I felt it squeeze.

" I love you Sierra, more than you know. If dying is the only way to love you then I'm ready to die."

Don't say that!

My eyes couldn't keep open with the tears.

" I will say that! Cause it's the truth. Sierra, no matter what, death can't tear us apart. If this reincarnation shit is real then no matter what we will always meet again."

I nodded and wiped my eyes.

Just be safe and don't come close to my house until that day okay?

" Okay. I love you, Sierra."

And I, love you.

When I couldn't hear his voice anymore, I broke down and cried. Alarik hugged me to him.

" Were you just talking to him ?"

I nodded.

" This telepathy thing is neat."

I chuckled despise the circumstances. This is for the best.

But doing this is the most painful thing I had done so far.