Chapter 4

I have been standing in front of the mirror for half an hour now. I can't decide what to wear. Can this be considered as a date? I almost hit my face with my hand. I know well enough that this is the stupidest thing I could do, but somehow my body and mind decide on their own. My heart is aching for me to go but at the same time, it's telling me it's going to hurt me.

" Sierra, shall we go ?" Alarik came into the room.

I found an excuse to go for another walk with Alarik, while he is girl hunting I might have some time alone with Emrick. Deceiving Alarik, makes me angry at myself, after all, that he does for me but I can't help it.

Grabbing my jacket, I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. My long auburn hair is tied up in a ponytail. My black jeans matching perfectly with my red shirt and black leather jacket. I look like Lara Croft.

Sighing heavily, I joined Alarik outside.

" Which way shall we wonder today ?"

I pointed left, knowing well enough it was where the old house was.

He nodded and starting walking.

Taking a deep breath, I followed him.

According to my plans, there should be a pub nearby, I hope he takes the bait.

And he did.

" Can you wait here?" He asked.

" Girl hunting again?"

He winked and crossed the road.

After making sure he was behind the door, I ran the other direction.

When I arrived, the house looked spookier than the last time I came here.

Suddenly I heard a noise.

" Emrick?" I whispered.

A soft wind hit me from behind, when I turned, Emrick was looking down at me with his splendor.

" Took your own time." He said grinning.

" Sorry, had to dispose of my bodyguard."

He chuckled and put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I looked into his eyes, his eyes glowed like the moon. The gray in his eyes shined as much as the moon shines at night.

" What?" He said smiling.

" Your eyes are like the moon."

He chuckled and stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"Your hair looks like fire." He said, pulling a strand of my hair and kissing it.

" I should guess, that when you are in wolf form your fur is red ?"

I nodded softly.

He smiled softly. " I knew it."

" Knew what ?"

" The night I first saw you, I saw a beautiful red wolf. I didn't know why I found that wolf so beautiful. But I guess I know now."

My cheeks flushed and looked down.

He put his fingers under my chin and pulled my face up, making me look at him.

" I don't understand why I feel like this. Do you?" He asked with a sorrowful look.

I shook my head softly. " I don't. But all I know is that the first time I saw you, my heart was beating so fast, I almost didn't hear the pack howling."