Chapter 6

Everything was dark. I've been walking in this tunnel for quite some time now. Finally, I can see a small light at the end of it. But before I could make it I heard a scream. I ran outside and the light blinded me.

When I was able to finally see, my eyes went wide.

I was looking at myself. But I looked older somehow, the clothes were from the Victorian era. Suddenly I remembered Emrick's dream. In fact, Emrick was on the floor, with a hole in his chest and someone was standing near him. A man I know quite well.

" Father?" I whispered.

Suddenly the girl who looked like me, went running to Emrick, pushing my father away from him. She knelt down crying her eyes out, suddenly she grabbed a knife and was about to stab herself but my father stopped her.

" You can't kill yourself over a mere vampire. Sierra!" My father shouted.

I gasped. What the hell? So she's really me.

" I loved him!"

" You can't love a vampire, it's against the rules Sierra. Now let's go." My father screamed.

But she didn't let go of the body, she cried and screamed his name, kissing his face.

Suddenly I felt something on my face.

I was crying.

Suddenly she turned to face me. She screamed, but I couldn't really hear her well.

She screamed again, this time loud enough for me to hear. But when I was about to yell back, something hit me pushing me back into the tunnel, into the darkness. Alone.

My eyes bolted open, I was panting and sweating.

I was still crying heavy tears.

Suddenly I recalled what she told me: " Don't let it happen again. Protect the one you love."

A soft knock came on the door.

I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes.

" Yes, come in."

Alarik came into the room, he had a dress in hand.

" Are you turning into a she-wolf?" I joked.

He laughed sarcastically and threw me the dress.

" Get ready, the ball is in an hour."

My eyes went wide.

" You forgot." He said.

" I forgot," I repeated.

He sighed and closed the door behind him.

I slapped my face and went to take a shower.

When I put the dress on I gasped.

It was a beautiful shade of silver, almost the same shade of Emrick's eyes.

It was a pencil dress, plain but it had beautiful gold chains stuck in the middle.

Another knock sounded at the door.

" Ms. Sierra?"

" Coming."

Three beautiful ladies stood in my room, they were here to help me get ready.

" That's a beautiful color, it matches your beautiful olive skin tone miss."

" Your father has good taste."