♡2. Life is Hard♡

Max's P.O.V

I woke up to my door banging. My eyes were still trying to adapt to the light streaming through the windows above, but I forced them completely open as soon as I heard someone's voice scream my name. I rolled off of my couch and walked slowly to the door, trying my best to not fall over.

"What the fuck do you wa- Oh. Good morning Mr. Henry, what can I do for you?" I said as I realized that it was just my landlord.

His face was the equivalent of a hot kettle, it was red and steaming from whatever he was pissed about. "You know what you can do for me? PAY YOUR DAMN RENT BY THE END OF THREE WEEKS OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT!" Mr. Henry yelled. My throat went dry as soon as I heard the word 'pay'.

Sure, I've been working for the past 3 years at the local Wal-Mart, but it doesn't pay much. I can barely afford to eat, let alone pay my bills and rent. I was pissed at this situation, but having someone yell at me definitely wasn't going to make this any fucking better.

"Mr. Henry," I hissed through my teeth. I was digging my nails into my palms to prevent me from firing back at him. "You know how I work and you know that my job doesn't pay me much. I'm trying to pay these bills, along side with finishing high school and-"

Mr. Henry shushed me. "I don't want to hear it, Max. You've been 3 months behind in rent. I'm giving you three weeks to either pay up or get out. I don't fucking care about your situation anymore, I need a profit." With that, he handed me a notice paper and walked off.

I slammed my door shut and punched the couch cushions out of anger. I shook with hatred and rage and I was about to scream at the top of my lungs until my phone went off. I groaned and swiped it off the kitchen counter to find a message from an unknown number. 

New message from (302)746-5236

Hi! I'm trying to contact someone named Max, and this is the number listed in the yellow pages. Is this him?

As confused as I was, I texted back.

Why do you need to know?

MY GOODNESS IT IS YOU MAX! IT'S ME DAVID, YOUR OLD CAMP COUNSELOR FROM CAMP CAMPBELL! 

Oh my FUCKING GOD, CAN MY DAY GET ANY WORSE? I grumbled before I typed back, determined to get David to fuck off. I wasn't in the mood for his annoying happy-go-lucky attitude, so I messaged him back.

Listen David, I don't need your bullshit right now. Leave me alone and don't even try to text me, I won't respond.

When I didn't get a response back, I threw my phone onto the coffee table in front of the couch and lied back into it. As soon as my back hit the soft cushions, my eyes drooped slightly. My mind was already exhausted from all the commotion of today, and it was only 11:00 a.m.

My eyes closed slowly and I let out a sigh of relief when they were finally shut. I didn't even bother to check my phone as it buzzed, I was already in a daze of sleep.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

WOAH, 2 updates in one day! I was pretty bored today and I stayed up late because I don't have school tomorrow so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well. I added a bit more information to Max's struggles and situation, but I'm not gonna give away a lot... yet. ANYWHOS! Thanks for reading!
-♡imagine