One-Night Stands and Office Romances

"Lucy, over here!" Levy waved to her in the company cafeteria.

"What took ya so long?" asked a pink-haired man named Natsu.

Lucy rushed over to where Levy, Cana, and Natsu were sitting. "Sorry, I'm swamped. My deadline was moved from this weekend to today."

"That sucks," Cana groaned.

Natsu teased her, "Come on, that's not everything going on with you."

"Really, it's just the storyboard. Jason wanted it before lunch."

She and Natsu had been friends since childhood. He had always loved to tease her, and he often joked that since they somehow both ended up working at Fairy Tail, they were now stuck together forever. He was such a fiery sales associate, some people called him 'the dragon of the company.'

They began to eat, and Lucy was glad to have real food in her stomach. Her breakfast had been a plain bagel on the go as she rushed from the hotel to her apartment and then to work. She still felt a little queasy from drinking so much the night before, and she had been on edge all morning, so lunch was a welcome relief to the sourness in her nervous stomach.

"So, guess what!" Cana said, drinking a beer. Although going out for drinks was popular with higher level workers, Cana was the only person Lucy knew who ate at the cafeteria but brought beer from home so she could drink on her lunch break. "My man says he's reserved a hotel suite for us this weekend."

"Your man?" Lucy said in shock. "You can't mean—"

"Unbelievable," sighed Levy. "Is that office affair still going on?"

Their voices all dropped lower. This was a secret, and no one was supposed to know that Cana was sleeping with someone fairly high up in the company. Not only that, but her lover was a married man.

"Summoning you to a hotel?" Natsu said, looking annoyed. "Man, talk about lack of subtlety. How long are these booty calls going to continue?"

Cana set her beer down and glared over at him. "Ya got a problem with it?"

He just shook his head and poked at his food. "If you enter into a purely physical relationship with a person, they'll never choose you for the main event."

Levy blushed. "M-Main event?"

"Marriage? Hah!" Cana waved the idea aside. "Fine by me. So long as I'm having a good time, that's all I care about."

"Sheesh, I bet you'd even be okay with a one-night stand with a stranger."

"Those are fun," Cana said casually. "How about you, Levy?"

"Oh, no!" She waved her hands in front of her. "No way, not for me."

"You're still a virgin, aren't you?"

"Hey!" Levy shouted, starting to turn red. "I ... I have a boyfriend."

"But he ain't gettin' any yet. What about you, Lucy?"

"Huh?" Her heart gave a leap. She had been thinking about a new memory from the night before. "Well, I ... I'm not a virgin."

Natsu grinned mischievously. "Should I tell them about you and that Dan Straight guy in high school?"

"Oh my God! Seriously, I didn't sleep with him," she exclaimed a little too loudly. Lucy shrank down as a few people looked over. "You jerk," she grumbled.

"I know you're not that pure," said Cana. "What I mean is, are you okay with the idea of one-night stands with strangers, or even with someone you know and just wanna bang once to try it out?"