Be-nevolent

Hiiiiii it's meeeeee!

Thank you for the 2k reads and support po! So happy to be here with y'all!

Hit the star and share your thoughts!

Enjoy! Rawr 🐯

-----------------------------------------------------

February 27, 2018
5:46 pm
(Maine)

"Uhm, Mr. & Mrs. Mendoza... Family meeting po muna." Dr. Montenegro said as she slung her stethoscope around her neck.

Nanay and Tatay, with Richard of course, walked out of the ICU together as they trailed behind Dr. Montenegro.
The rest of the family, including Kuya John and Mike, stayed inside.

The past few days had been very uneventful. Nothing surprising had happened, nor did anything hope lifting did. Just simple days, plain days passed by.

Richard though, had a call from his office, asking him to fly to Sweden on the 1st of March. Just a quick shuttle back and fro. He said he was on a leave for who-knows-how-many-days. But the office said he was demanded, for he will be flying with a mid class congress. He had no choice then, he's leaving on the 1st.

The doors of the ICU closed behind Richard. Montenegro, My assigned doctor, just did her personal check up with me, My body I mean. It lasted for about two hours and it was very exhausting for her part, yet she doesn't show it, such a professional.

"So, ano na Doc? It's been three weeks. What's her condition? She's getting better now is she?" Tatay hopefully asked as he had an arm slung around Nanay's shoulders.

Actually, hearing Tatay ask with that many questions in three seconds... Made my heart ache. I could feel his deep worries and pain that was carried off by that tiny bit of hope that sparkled around him. That is his way of staying strong for the family, showing positivity towards the most negative things in our lives.

But, Dr. Montenegro's seriously stern face did not change a bit, and that made Richard shiver... I saw him did.

"Ehh... Mr.-Mrs. Mendoza... I know that it's been three weeks na po. But I seem to have found nothing new nor improved. Her bruises are healing, yes. Her bones are stitching itself up very slowly per day. But other than that? I'm sorry po, wala pa eh. Mukhang ayaw pa po magrespond ni Maine sa treatments natin." She tried her best to explain as clearly and as calmly as possible.

I saw Nanay and Tatay shudder as Nanay hugged Tatay tightly, wrapping her arms around his waist as Tatay hovers his hand on her back.

"Sshhh... Tama na mahal. Kaya ni Meng yan, sasaglit pa lamang ang oras. Magiging okay din siya." Tatay assured, but he was doing his best to fight off his brimming tears.

I then looked to Richard, who seemed to be lightly fazed at the moment. His hands were opening and slowly closing, a sign that he's greatly consumed by disappointment, sadness and anger all at the same time, and he's doing his best to keep sane.

I then heard him exhale deeply and looked up to face Doctor Montenegro.
"Doc... Isn't there anything else you can do? Napaka high standard netong ospital na ito, yet it feels like the same ones that I've been to when I was a younger lad. What happened to your other equipment shit? Props lang ba yun?"

"RJ... enough." Tatay warned for he noticed the raise in Richard's tone.

Richard sighed and shook his head. "Sorry po tito."

"Kung wala na po kayong ibang itatanong, eh bababa na po ako, may iba pa po akong priorities. Thank you."

"Thank you Doc." Nanay uttered softly, but it was enough to be heard.

Nanay and Tatay then walked to the doors of the ICU, still tangled together. Then Richard called them out and asked:

"Tita, Tito, mag-c-r lang ho ako."

Tay and Nay nodded weakly and entered the ICU. Richard then walked farther west to the corridor that has the Men's comfort room area.

The floor was a tad quieter than before, maybe because it was the floor that very few people walk onto.

I trailed behind Richard who was now crying silently, and it was making me worry like heck to see him cry without noise.

He entered the Men's CR and gladly, no one was there, so I got to follow inside. But of course there was nothing else to be seen.

RJ looked infront of the wide mirror on the salmon walls of the Comfort Room and stared at his own self fumingly. He then punched the wall beside him, causing his knuckles to go dark in color in a second.

I was in great shock of what had just happened and I seemed to be frozen on where I was propped. He then punched the same area of the wall, with the same hand, this time, his joints were cracking softly, and that made me fuel in rage to stop his recklessness.

"JAY STOP!" I yelled, but he smashed the wall once again, this time, with his other hand.

"RICHARD! ANO BA?!" I yelled again, now in tears for he can't seem to hear me."

With no options left, and with a heavy heart as I watched him punch the wall continuously, with his hand slowly bleeding itself to death, I walked behind him and simply gave him the warmest hug I could possibly give at the moment.

Surprisingly, he stopped, just as he was about to hit the poor damn wall once more.

I snuggled closer to his back and grabbed him tighter, drenching his green shirt with my warm hug.

"Love... Enough na..." I whispered.

He then looked on the mirror and just like a miracle, his eyes widened. I peeked from behind his wide back and looked at him, who seemed to be looking at me too.

"Maine?" He shockingly asked.

"Tama na Love... Mahal kita, please don't hurt yourself." I told him.

He looked at his bleeding hands and washed them on the sink, while it was both shuddering and flinching in pain that he seems to have not felt at that moment.

"That's my good man, RJ... I love you." I told him when I saw him cleaning up and calming down.

Then just like that, he looked up, and by the look on his expressive face and in his eyes that reflected on the mirror... I was gone from the reflection.

-------------------