Chapter 5

Chloe’s POV

            Did this really just happen? Or am I imagining things? Has Josh actually asked me out? Josh. The boy who I’ve known forever. The boy who I’ve always seen as a brother, but now I know he’s something more. Something I’ve been waiting for. A boyfriend. Joshua Hyland. My boyfriend. I just can’t believe it. The fact that on the first day of summer, I have started the first day of the rest of my life. Josh. I still can’t grasp it/ The idea that a hot, hockey playing, junior! A junior! I wonder if he’s going to tell all his friends, I mean I am only a sophomore, but still. Never mind that, we haven’t even gone on a real date yet! I wonder where we’re going to go? A movie? The beach again? I need a new outfit, maybe Paige and I……PAIGE! I haven’t even told her yet! I wonder if James asked her out, I really hope so! WAIT! We can go on a double date! This is so perfect! I actually can’t believe it! I turn to look at Josh with the biggest smile on my face and my cheeks as rosy as they’ve ever been; he is looking at me the same way. I tell him, “I have to go talk to Paige, I’ll be right back.” I stood up and leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Even in the dim lighting I can still tell that his face is even more red than it was a couple seconds ago. He is just so cute I can’t take it. I see my best friend running towards me in the corner of my eye, so I turn around to share the amazing news with her.

Paige’s POV

            I run over to my best friend after giving James a little kiss goodbye. He is just, ugh, I can’t get over it. He’s my boyfriend. He’s dating me. How could I get so lucky? Chloe and I finally meet each other and we grab each other’s hands and both scream at the same time, “I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!” We both start to crack up and say, “You first! No you first!” We start laughing again and finally decided I will share my news with her first. I look at her and I can feel my smile growing as I begin to speak. I say, “Chloe, well,” and then I began to scream, “JAMES ASKED ME OUT! HE TOOK ME TO THE KISSING ROCK AND ASKED ME OUT!” She just stared at me. Her mouth so wide open it looked as if she could catch flies in there! Then I saw her open mouth start to close and slowly turn into a smile. She looked and me and screamed! Of course I joined her, and screamed and gave her a big hug. She looked at me, with a ginormous smile on her face and said, “I have a boyfriend too.” I screamed at the top of my lungs and said, “WHAT?!?! WHO?!?! Is it that boy Billy? I saw him checking you out! Or is it…” She cut my off. She looked down and smiled. She said, “Paige, it’s…it’s…it’s Josh.” At first, I was really confused, does she mean Josh? My brother Josh? They’re practically siblings! But then I started to think about it some more and I realized that they would be really cute together. And their personalities are really compatible. I say, “This is perfect. You and Josh. Me and James. They’re best friends, we’re best friends. Do you know what that means? DOUBLE DATES!”

We spend the rest of the night talking to our new boyfriends, and decided that we’re going to go on a double date to the fair on Tuesday. I cannot wait. This is going to be absolutely amazing. Why can’t it be Tuesday yet?