Chapter 3

Paige’s POV

James and I talked the whole way to the beach and the whole way down the path to get to our reserved spot. Once we got to the sand, we saw Melissa, Maddie, Mackenzie, and Greg talking to Nia, Holly, and the rest of her family. Brooke was already there with her boyfriend Brandon who goes to dance with us. Emily was with her friends Claudia and Natalie talking about which guys they were going to hook up with tonight. Brooke’s friends are total sluts. All of Paige’s friends from dance and school were already, and Josh’s whole hockey team was there along with some more of his friends from school, and a bunch of Brooke’s friends from school and dance were there. It seemed like everyone was there before us. We walked over and set up five big fold out tables to put all the food on. My mom had nothing to worry about, everyone brought something, we had about 25 huge bags of chips, 10 packs of frozen burgers, 12 packs of hotdogs, 30 two-liter bottles of soda, 5 huge fruit platters, 5 huge vegetable platters, 10 containers of brownies, and 10 containers of cookies. I’m pretty sure that we have enough.

All us kids took off our shoes and cover ups and started to head out to the water. Chloe and I were super careful not to get our hair and face wet, because we didn’t want to ruin all the work we put into our appearance. We wanted to look flawless the whole night. As I was running out to get my feel wet in the ocean, James ran up after me and picked me up carrying me into the water with him. I could feel his defined abs pressed up against my back when he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. He was perfect.

Chloe’s POV

I saw James pick up Paige from behind and spin her around. If I didn’t know them, I would have thought that they were dating. I wasn’t really that jealous of Paige anymore because I had to worry about finding someone for me, and I’m pretty sure he has been there since I was four. Josh. I need to get him to fall in love with me. I made sure that he was looking at me when I took off my dress to just be in a tiny blue bathing suit that shimmered in the sunlight. His eyes went wide, exactly what I was hoping would happen. I walked right past him and into the water, but not very far because I didn’t want to ruin my hair and make-up. I looked around and saw all of the kids separated into little groups.  Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, and Kendall were all on the sand practicing their back handsprings and aerials, Brookes friends were playing in the water hitting on Nick and his friends, the parents were sitting in beach chairs talking or making food, Brooke and Brandon were in the water making out pretty far away from everyone else, Paige and James were sitting at the edge of the water talking and holding hands, and Josh was running over to me. He looked so hot with the sun shining right on him as he ran towards the water. He ran over to me and said, “Chloe, you look gorgeous. Want to go get some dinner with me?” I smiled and nodded and we headed back to where all the parents were sitting.

Josh’s POV

Oh my gosh. I can’t believe it! I just asked Chloe out! Well, kinda. I asked her to go get dinner with me, but later tonight, right as the sun is setting, I’m going to ask her out. Like on a real date! Maybe we could go to a movie, or just dinner, or both! Wait, but then we won’t be able to talk for a while. We could have a picnic or come back to the beach! Or we could go to the fair next week! Wait, what if she doesn’t even like me? What if she just sees me as Paige’s older brother? No, I can’t even think about that right now. I have to focus on getting her to say yes, then I can woo her over somehow. There goes Paige and James. Took long enough.