Chapter: 5

You had gotten dressed now. Yoga pants and your brother Dylan's sweatshirt saying Lakers on it.

It was gigantic on you but great if you had tights or yoga pants.

Your hair was wavy and still damp from the shower as you sat by the kitchen table, your mom was cooking dinner.

"I got a letter today from Sam. He was saying how good you been doing lately and that he should raise your pay slightly." Your mom smiles. The small TV you had in the kitchen was showing the news on very low volume.

"Yeah but I told him he didn't have too." You say and stand up to get the table ready.

"It's very sweet of you to do that but we really could use some extra money!"

Your mom say and you grab three deep plates and place them by the table.

"I know I just feel bad for Sam..."

You say and just as you finish your sentence you hear the front door open.

"Hi mom!"

Dylan say as he kicks of his shoes.

"Hi, was it many people at the grocery store?" Your mom asks as Dylan walks in the room. He is carrying two, big paper bags and drop them on the counter.

"Yeah it was crazy! Sorry it took so long..." He say and start putting food in the refrigerator and the cabins above the counter.

"How was school?"

He asks you. You grab three glasses from above the bread toaster and place them by the table.

"Good, same old usual. How about you?" You ask back.

"Okay, there was this huge fight in the hallway! When the principal tried to stop it he got a punch and got nocked out!" Dylan laughs but your mom sighs.

Soon your mom had finalized dinner. It was some kind of chicken, tomato pasta and it was good.

You all say by the table and ate, the TV still on in the background.

"I will be going to Amanda's place at 8. We're looking for a prom dress for her."

You say and take a fork gull of tomato sauce and pasta.

"Isn't prom in like 6 weeks or something?" Dylan asks with his mouth full.

"5 weeks..." you correct him.

"Yeah sure go there!"

You mom say and take a sip of her glass of water.

"I will be working night shift anyway tonight..." She say. Your mom, Laura, works at the hospital in town as a nurse. It had really bad working hours but pain good and your mom liked it.

"I'm gonna go now..."

You say and take your empty plate to the sink.

"Dylan is it okay if we switch the dish days so I do the dishes tomorrow and you do them today?"

You ask as you gulp down the last water. He nods and give you a thumbs up and he have his mouth full.

You walk quickly up the stairs and in to your room.

You sweep mascara on in 10 seconds just to not look completely nude, you grab the dog treats and the key to the animal clinic. Sam trusted you well enough to give you the key and the code to the alarm system and you felt proud of that. That you had gained his thrust so well.

You put your Vans on and grabbed your phone. You ignored that you had yoga pants and your brothers hoodie as you where going to Amanda's place. She really didn't care anyway and it was Friday night. Why should you dress up?