Chapter: 3

"Amanda?"

You hear someone whisper and you blink a few times.

"Hey..."

You recognize Sam's soft voice.

You wake up and finally realize where you are. Shit. You fell asleep in the

dog cage with Daisy.

"Oh no... What time is it?"

You start panicking.

"Calm down... I've already called your school and told them you are sick. You can stay and the clinic if you want..."

Sam say. Sam is like that dad you never had. Well sure you had a dad but Sam is like your dad should have been.

Sam is always kind and always let you stay at the clinic if you want and you always do. The clinic is your second home. Here you get all the love you need. You had even said once that you wanna did in this clinic though that may not be entirely true.

"Thanks..."

You say and put your hair behind your ear. You're a little cold since you kept a cool temperature in the clinic.

All animals hear had fur and you

didn't want them to get too hot.

"If you want me. You can help me get this girl out to remove the pads..."

Sam smile his warm smile.

You nod and you and Sam lift her out of her cage.

Sam was married and had one kid.

His wife's name was Charlotte and his sons name was Philip. He kept a picture at them in his office.

Though he had family he still spent most of the time at the clinic.

His wife used to call everyday and sometimes she even came buy to give him lunch. They had such an understanding relationship.

Charlotte understood that Sam really wanted to spend time at the clinic and she respected that. She didn't question it, she wasn't mad at him at all for it.

She understood him. So did his six year old son. Sometimes he visited the clinic and both he and Sam was just a source of joy together. You wish you had that.

Something that can bring you joy like that.

You love your mother but she is worn out. She works hard and barely makes money for a living. Your brother has collage and needs to focus on that.

No one in your family has time for

joy or love.

You had moved Daisy to the examine table and she started moving when Sam begun to remove the bandage.

"It's gonna be okay Daisy..."

You whispered in her ear.

"Daisy?"

Sam questioned with a smile.

"Yeah, it's her name. Or at least that's what it said on the collar..."

You said and Sam lets out a small laugh.

"Well then! I can tell you Daisy that this is soon over..."

Sam laugh as he slowly removes the pads over her eyes.

The pads are yellow on the inside and smells pretty bad but her eyes look good. Last night they where glued together so she couldn't even see but now she blinks a few times.