Chapter 2

So, yes i know the first few chapters are going to be a little slow but it's just the foundation layer of the plot, just be patient my lovelies for the plot will thicken - so just injoy the ride! Hope you're liking it! EJOY!!

Chapter 2

“Sweetie!” My mum called from outside my door.

I sleepily stood up, my hair a mess, my eyes droopy as I open the door. “What?”

“These came from you.” My mum said as she walked in and placed a bouquet of my favorite flowers on my desk, pink lilies mixed with white ones. “So… who’s it from?” She asked curiously as I walked over and smelled them.

“Probably one of the relatives that are too cheap to send Graduation money.” I joked as I picked up the small envelope that came with them.

I pulled out a small white card and read it;

Dearest Chelsea.

Hello Beautiful. Best wishes for Graduation, wish I was there.

Love Eric.

A huge grin and a bright red blush spread across my face.

My mum was just like me, she was short, blond hair, blue eyes and an hour glass figure, but one thing i'm glad i didnt pick up from her was the her obvious curiosity, “That’s not the face of someone who read a card from a random relative, who is it? A boy? Is it that boy Justin? He’s cute, I always thought he had a crush on you-“d

“Mum!” I started to laugh, “Justin’s gay!”

“What? Really? Oh well, so who was it from?”

“Out now.”

“But-“

“OUT!”

“Fine! I’m gone!” My mum shouted in annoyance as she closed the door on her way out.

I quickly took a photo of the flowers and emailed it to him. “Thank you. They’re gorgeous!”

My email zapped off and I went for a shower. Today is the day. The day I start my adult life. The day that I graduate from high school and become an independent member of society.

Once I got out of the shower I put on my graduation dress, it’s a dark blue and reached just below my knees. My robes were hanging on the back of my door. I was standing there – staring at them when my computer dinged with an email.

“Happy you got them. Happy you like them. Really do wish I was there though.”

My smile slightly falters at the last bit; I wish he was here too.

My fingers itch to send a reply and I do, “Wish you were here too, love you. I’ll talk to you after it’s over. xoxo”

As I get home after Graduation dinner with my mum, I dump my robes on my floor and pull off my dress; I slipped into a singlet and sat down at my desk. I opened up messenger and clicked on our conversation.

Chelsea: Hey, you there?

I sat there waiting for at least half an hour before I gave up, he must be out. I let a small pout slip onto my lips as I went to stand up. But then my laptop dinged and I almost jumped with joy.

Eric: Hey. How was it? You feel like an adult yet?

Chelsea: Not really, I think when I move I’ll feel more adult.

Eric: Yeah, so have you already packed yet?

Chelsea: Nope. I’m starting tomorrow and in two weeks’ time I’ll have my own place in central Sydney.

Eric: :) you nervous?

Chelsea: Little bit…

Eric: anything I can do?

Chelsea: no… thank you for the flowers, again. I love them :)

Eric: I know they’re you’re favorites. What time is it there?

Chelsea: Umm…

I looked at the clock in the corner of my screen, wow! Did not realize it was that late!

Chelsea: almost midnight.

Eric: I’ll let you get some sleep then.

Chelsea: Love u. xoxo.

Eric: Love u 2. xoxo

Please comment and vote!!! :) I'm loving the feedback, it's really helping me gain some confidence in this story.